Kite suggestion for a girl
Posted: 04 June 2009 07:09 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2009-06-04

My fiance is looking for her first kite, she’s 5’5” 125.  We found an 8m Rise Venturi.  The best beginner spot around here wont see much more than 15mph of wind for the rest of the season.  Will the 8m be enough or should we look for a 10?

Thanks,
Joe

Posted: 04 June 2009 09:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1246
Joined  2006-01-10

Given that she is so light I would say the 8m would be a good place to start. Obviously in that light winds she might be a bit under powered but that kite will last her well once she is up and riding. If you have access to a 10m it would be best to start with a bit more power in the kite as that allows you to take 4-6” of trim out of the trim line to ensure that even if she is super tense and pulls the bar all the way into her she will keep the kite flying forward and have enough juice to be pulled and get going…

I recognize that likely leaves you a bit confused. My overall opinion is that in terms of a purchase the 8m is her best bet as it will be plenty for her once she can ride. Having access to a 10m to learn on would be nice though.

Signature 

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Posted: 04 June 2009 10:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Guru
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  505
Joined  2006-01-19

8 M will be plenty for her ... Make sure you have it on SLOW turning, the 8 is quick ... Have fun & get her a helmet.

Signature 

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…

Posted: 05 June 2009 02:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2009-06-04

Thanks everyone!