Davey Blair!!!

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2007-10-30

PM

One of the sports top wakestylers joins the crew.

No freakin way!!!

This is a killer move.

So stoked for OR.

Absolute killer rider with an equally great attitude.

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2006-11-22

PM

Who? Oh wake styler, oh right yeah.

Brent4336 - 30 May 2009 01:30 AM

One of the sports top wakestylers joins the crew.

No freakin way!!!

This is a killer move.

So stoked for OR.

Absolute killer rider with an equally great attitude.

Signature

Core XR3 12M
Rise XPD 9M
Mako King
Mako Classic
Mako Wide

Joined 2007-10-30

PM

Please, that reflects more on you than him!

Davey Blair is a huge asset for the OR team.  I’ve seen warmer welcomes for people with a simple gear question! 

This guy charges it, flat, boot, wake skate, or waves.  Not a competition rider, a riders rider.  Always positive, I’ve never heard a neg word from him.

Check any great kite vid and he has a section.  His footage from the Zoo is nuts and shows just how many light years he is ahead of the rest of us.  When the serious pros sit down to dinner, Davey has a seat at the table.  A huge boost to the exposure of OR in one of the fastest and potential rich branches of the sport. 

In the sports evolving scenes like say,, the tripple S, he has earned his spot on the vip list.

I for one, welcome him.

Joined 2006-11-22

PM

Brent4336 - 31 May 2009 12:54 AM

I’ve seen warmer welcomes for people with a simple gear question!

And that is exactly why I like the OR crew. Everyone is treated equally as a fellow soul surfer in our fantastic sport. I apologize for the last post if anyone took offense. Davey Blair is certainly welcome on the OR Crew! As ambassador to OR or in any capacity, Davey is quite welcome to visit Denmark. We have lots of flat water spots.

regards
Kirk

Signature

Core XR3 12M
Rise XPD 9M
Mako King
Mako Classic
Mako Wide

Total Posts: 78

Joined 2006-01-09

PM

You should apologize for flying Waroos…. wink

Total Posts: 571

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

wadem - 01 June 2009 05:53 AM

LOL  Oohhh..That’s a good one. Yes it’s about time we converted you to an Ocean Rodeo wing Kirk! You can try mine if I can get to DK this summer wink

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Joined 2006-11-22

PM

andy - 01 June 2009 07:45 AM

LOL  Oohhh..That’s a good one. Yes it’s about time we converted you to an Ocean Rodeo wing Kirk! You can try mine if I can get to DK this summer wink

You better act quick. I am demoing a Core Combat GT later this week if wind permits. I agree it is time to retire the 2006 Waroo up to the summer house as a reserve kite.

Kirk

Signature

Core XR3 12M
Rise XPD 9M
Mako King
Mako Classic
Mako Wide

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Kirk, you’ve been an amazing member of our Crew for years now and we’ve always loved ribbing you about your choice of kites smile Any time you decide to make the jump over to a big man’s kite we’ll be sure to go softly on you - no harder than when a hippy finally decides to cut his hair and get a real kite, oops, I mean job…

Davey Blair is a legend. Brent is right, he is a killer wake style rider which is an incredible asset to our company here in NA where the East Coast is all about their wake influenced riding but make no mistake, Davey kills it strapless in waves too. He rides regularly with our other new team rider Bryan Lake in the waves and winds of the North Shore and - in my opinion - is the perfect addition to our stable of top team riders as Jeremie is 100% freestyle, Bryan is 90% waves and 10% race and Davey bridges these two styles to gel the team as one of the best 3 punch combos out there.

One thing Kirk mentions is worth repeating: the Crew is for everyone and - yes - we are all equals. When I went through the process of signing Bryan and Davey the thing that stood out for me the most was how down to earth both these guys are and how keen they were to be involved in the larger community of OR riders. We all know that Jeremie already does an awesome job of this, look for these 2 new riders to do the same!

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Joined 2006-11-22

PM

Ouch!

Signature

Core XR3 12M
Rise XPD 9M
Mako King
Mako Classic
Mako Wide

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2009-06-01

PM

Yea!! Thanks for all the props!! Im super stoked and excited to be part of the crew. Here is a little vid from day one of the Triple s invitational.

Im getting new vid everyday so check back for the updates. Thanks again guys.

Davey Blair

Total Posts: 88

Joined 2009-02-14

PM

Davey Blair,

Do you by any chance skateboard a lot?  It sure looks like you do by the way that you’re able to ride the rail ‘jump’ strapless and land it!!!

Allen

Joined 2009-02-14

PM

One of the things that I like having Davey Blair part of the OR crew is that it answers BestKiteboarding’s ‘wake-style’ riding the way that a lot of their crew does.  Sort of like “soooo what, we can do that to!!!!”

Go Davey Blair!!!!! Show those BestKiteboard riders that they’re not the only ones that can do that!!!!!

Allen

Joined 2007-10-30

PM

Thats Bryan Lake going strapless in the second half of that clip.

Pretty sure Davey Blair has owned a skate deck or two tho!

Nice to know the Diablo is getting a debut at one of the sports permiere events.

Such a killer kite.

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2009-06-01

PM

Yea boys!!

thats Bryan Lake on the skim hitting the bamboo rail. Berni has mad strapless skills. Ya’ll should see the huge sections he cracks on his surfboard strapless.

Yea I have skateboarded all my life and love it still. its good cross training for rails and to keep your balance up. here is a photo from Jason sleezaks new mini ramp in his back yard! we have been skating everyday there is no wind! stay stoked crew

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bryanelkus/3564478413/

Davey

Total Posts: 185

Joined 2006-01-09

PM

Hi guys,
You guys are a great asset to the brand, stoked to have you on the team now !!

We must do somehting all together one of those days, some killer vids !

I have been trying boots a little this year in Coche, could do most of the tricks on it and stoked about the zen boards , so we can do something very cool for sure this year !

Kill it at the SSS guys and good luck

cheers

Jeremie

Joined 2009-02-14

PM

jeremie tronet - 02 June 2009 10:52 PM

Hi guys,
You guys are a great asset to the brand, stoked to have you on the team now !!

We must do somehting all together one of those days, some killer vids !

I have been trying boots a little this year in Coche, could do most of the tricks on it and stoked about the zen boards , so we can do something very cool for sure this year !

Kill it at the SSS guys and good luck

cheers

Jeremie

Actually, I’d love to have a section here on the forum where Jeremie and others could upload self made videos for all of us to enjoy.  Bestkiteboarding used to always upload self made videos all of the time and I think that helped with their popularity.  I firmly believe, that if OR were to constantly upload videos on a regular basis of the OR team riders, people would be flooding the website just to see some more kiteboarding videos.  The more people that we could get visiting the web site, the more OR could sell their kites and boards.

Oh yea; include videos of Linn as well.  It sure wouldn’t hurt letting other women out there know that it isn’t just a sport for men.  Jeremie, you’re one lucky guy.  Linn has beauty and skills.  I love watching that HD video that the two of you did.

Just a thought.

Allen