2 of 2
Chicken Loop Safety Release
Posted: 16 July 2009 04:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  295
Joined  2008-04-20

Hi Mattenzuchtig,
I’m completely with you, feel exactly the same. The 2010 bar looks very good.
Butt to keep on riding safely and without any unwanted releases you should sand the hub (QR red thing).
Sand all the edges away, also the upper part should be sanded away as much as possible so there will be only a piece off 3 to 4 mm left to go into the bar when going unhooked.
I’ve already had a pic posted of the sanded hub some where but I’ll include it again.
Also make the elastic tighter, but be sure the release works (test it)
I’m in a “shitty” place for internet connection, took me a week to get a connection by pc (used my wifes Blackberry to read the forum but could not react) but it is Europe’s heaven I think and every week 3 days of wind (6m) and sunshine all over, so who cares about the internet… wink
Regards,
Arjan

edit;
Gaastra is doing some interesting thing with the 09 bars (http://www.kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2358332&p=604669)
an idea for OR?
I’ll hope i don’t get any unwanted releases tomorrow, so far I was lucky. Tomorrow: 40+ kts winds, big waves and rocks downwind.. will keep you updated.

Image Attachments
CUFFs.jpg

Posted: 18 July 2009 09:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  295
Joined  2008-04-20

Today a nice day, big waves gusty wind (airport report included, at the spot is even more wind.. but doesn’t we all say that.. wink )
No releases (lucky me) so filing and tighten the bungee will solve the release issue, hopefully also the damaging of the bar (no my damaging dus not come from bad storage)
Regards,
Arjan

Image Attachments
figari180709.jpg

2 of 2