7M One-Range-does anyone know?

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2006-01-20

PM

I own a 12m one and was out in 28-35 knots on Tuesday night(I sold my 9m about 2 months ago, so have only had the 12m One since then). I have to admit it was a tad uncomfortable in those winds. I picked up my 7m today and can’t wait to try it out. Hopefully that will happen this weekend. One really has to wonder at what windstrength the 7m becomes uncomfortable at. On Tuesday night there was a 12,9 & 7m one out at the same time, and we all had smiles.

Signature

Its all about the adventure and stoke!

Joined 2006-01-20

PM

Well, I got to ride the 7m One 3 times this past weekend. Admittatedly I was testing the bottom end. The wind ranged from 20-28knots over the 3 days. The kite was super fast and therefore easy to get going. At 28 it was lightly powered. I would say that it has a similar bottom end to the OR 9m bronco. I set it up the same way as my 12 and it flew just fine. Now I have to wonder what the top end of this kite is. I suspect that it will have to wait till winter. I weigh 160, so a 12M One and & 7M One are the perfect pair for me, they have a small overlap, but cover a wide wind range.

Signature

Total Posts: 86

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

So is the 7m and 12m One the combo…or should it be the 9m and 12m? What is the low end of the 7m? Haven’t heard much on the 7m. How bout the high end of the 9m? I am about 160 lbs (73 kg).

Currently have the 12m and 16m and looking for a kite to finish the quiver. Thanks…

David

Total Posts: 511

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

I think Gareth has the right idea with the 7m ONE…I’m ~ 175/180 & I find the 12 no problem into the mid - high 20’s (knots)...Gareth calculates the bottom end of the 7 is 9m Bronco territory (~18 knots) so that gives a nice overlap. Small kites are faster & launch isn’t as dodgy. ( I have had the misfortune of launching my 12 with the depower @ fullpower. oops)

Signature

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…

Joined 2006-01-20

PM

hi

Dave, I weigh almost the same as you. I find the 7 & 12 a good combo for me. As previously stated, the bottom end, using a 135 board, is about 20 knots. However, at that end of the spectrum, expect to be carving rather than jumping. I feel fine on the 12 at 25 knots, and have had it out in much more. I would base my decision on the wind range that you intend using the kite. In Victoria we have lots of 12m days with some really strong winds thrown in, so hence my decision. Even through the summer, i have used my 7m almost as much as the 12. i really think that it comes down to what wind range you want to kite in as well as the typical wind range that you have in your location. For me that is typically 14 knots to 35 knots——i’ts amazing that that can be done on just 2 kites and 1 board.

Signature