How to Drift launch with limited space video

Total Posts: 73

Joined 2008-03-29

PM

for those of you who live near a tree surrounded, no beach, side shore windy lake and didnt know how to launch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9PL9pD9Yig  higher quality at youtube site, click HQ

hope someone finds it helpful, i wish i knew this a year ago surprised
justin

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Nice work Justin! Thanks for posting this! That lake looks super fun to ride in, where is that?

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Joined 2008-03-29

PM

thanks!
its at donner lake by lake tahoe in california…elev. 6000 feet. not the greatest wind quality but i live a block away grin

Total Posts: 88

Joined 2009-02-14

PM

I’m by no means an expert, but was wondering why you are flying the kite so low to the water?  Was the wind a little strong for the kite size that you were using?

Just wondering for my own info.

Allen

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2007-10-30

PM

That place looks super sweet.  Not an easy launch, but you had no issue with it.  Looks like absolutely no wind until that kite went up.  Looks like nice flat water for how powered you were.

sweet.

Joined 2008-03-29

PM

Allen Binder - 14 May 2009 09:39 AM

I’m by no means an expert, but was wondering why you are flying the kite so low to the water?  Was the wind a little strong for the kite size that you were using?

Just wondering for my own info.

Allen

i think the wide angle video is a bit deceiving on how low it actually is. however the more power you have, the lower the kite can go, and the harder you can edge. grin  i dont fly it that low when jumping or loops but for cruising…..
the 14m was just right.

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2007-07-19

PM

Wow amazing! Thanks for the vid!
How strong was the wind? Looks like barely 10 knots, but you seem to be flying…