Pyro Surf Suit
Posted: 27 April 2009 05:47 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2009-04-27

I know the ‘beta model” of the Surf Suit is being tested. When will it go into commercial production and be available to the consumer? Can you comment on some of the upgrades?

Posted: 29 April 2009 06:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  172
Joined  2005-12-27

We’re just putting the final touches on second generation surf drysuit right now. We’ll produce a small “pre-production” run in the next few weeks for team riders, media etc.

How does it differ from version 1?
At first glance it looks like a traditional cold water surfing wetsuit, from our testing most surfers dont say a word unless they see you donning of offing the suit. “hey is that a drysuit???”
New dryzip location for even better paddling.
New system for attaching the core to the outer flex skin.
Breathable drycore - finding the right fabric was a VERY long process.
Attached hood (later we will also offer a non hooded version)
Even more flexibility in the crotch and shoulders that version 1.

The website will be updated in a few weeks and tell all.

Thanks for the interest!

Posted: 30 April 2009 03:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2009-04-27

Thanks Richard. It sounds awesome. It’s exactly what I’m looking for. Sign me up!!!!

Posted: 13 May 2009 02:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  120
Joined  2006-01-20

I’ve used the beta a few times—it is truly a huge step forward. It just feels right. There are so many imrovements, it is hard to know where to start. It is exstremely comfortable and offers next to no compromise. You get extra warmth, mobillity and a dry suit for your 2nd session. I think that this suit will appeal to the masses.

To bastardize your quote, this is exactly what every cold water surfer has been waiting for.

grin

Signature 

Its all about the adventure and stoke!

‹‹ pyro-pro age? n      2rd board ››