race board where is it?

Total Posts: 63

Joined 2008-02-06

PM

How’s the race board doing? any information about this new custom board?

Total Posts: 434

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

We’ve got close to ten of them on the water in San Francisco, racing in the St Francisc/Cabrinha series. I’m hoping we’ll see the Race page up on the website soon.

In the interim, what you like to know?

Cheers,

Evan

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Hyperflex Wetsuits, US Sales

Joined 2008-02-06

PM

Hi Evan!  Low end? how is it in chop? How does it jibe? weight? jump? we should have a comments page , would like to hear from new owners.

Thanks!!!

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

The board is super fast and very easy to ride. It was designed to work in the heavy chop we often race in to cover an enormous wind range. We don’t often get light wind here, but with enough kite you would be smoking upwind in 10 knots.  As far as gybing goes, you probably won’t find anything easier. The board has a lot of volume and the wide, stable platform make it easy. Weight is about 9 lbs with race fins.

Jumping? It’s a race board…..it’s not meant for that.

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Joined 2008-02-06

PM

Thanks for the fast reply!  I ordered both the custom surf and race. I’m from windsurfing so the jibe should not be a problem. What’s the lenght of the fins on the race board? .

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2008-10-05

PM

EvanStolze - 24 April 2009 06:30 PM

We’ve got close to ten of them on the water in San Francisco, racing in the St Francisc/Cabrinha series. I’m hoping we’ll see the Race page up on the website soon.

In the interim, what you like to know?

Cheers,

Evan

Hi Evan, how is the fin setup any pictures of that, we just made the decission to order one, it will be a thrill waiting in europe to the day it arrives, can you give me some more details on the board,
We passed my weight wich is around 100kg being 1.90 tall, are there any different sizes etc?
thx
GJ

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

Hi Dude/Earlybird,

The race fins are 6” and they are very nice. You guys are really going to love these boards!

Cheers,

Evan

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Total Posts: 35

Joined 2007-09-26

PM

I’m waiting on my new race board as well, but i’ve logged some time on one, including 1 race.  It’s a sick board, way easier to ride than the 3 strap raceboards, but without sacrificing anything.  It points super high upwind, but it really shines on the downwind runs.  With the current shape I can make a downwind run riding toeside, which allows for a low fast stance and I can round the downwind mark without jibing.  Jibing is as easy as a directional can be with the wide tail block.

Also a great lightwind race board, and if you put regular surf fins on it would be a good lightwind cruiser.  Good in chop, but definitely not for jumping.  Or at least I wouldn’t risk jumping on an expensive custom race board.

“Dude”  I’m 6’3” (190cm) and 190lbs (85kg) and i’ve been riding the large “production” size and it’s about perfect.  Evan will have to chime in on dimensions.  Too much bigger and it would need 3 straps which I don’t like.

Have fun and go fast

Joined 2008-10-05

PM

EvanStolze - 06 May 2009 02:31 PM

Hi Dude/Earlybird,

The race fins are 6” and they are very nice. You guys are really going to love these boards!

Cheers,

Evan

I thought the fin setup would be the possibility to have a quatro and twins?
Are the fins under an angle?
which sizes are available?
which size would fit my measurements?
Thx
GJ

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

Dude,

Currently all US Race boards are running twins, with the fins shown. They are canted to 10 degrees.

You should check with your retailer though as I am only familiar with and responsible for custom boards made and bound for the US market.  There may be a different program for those of of you in Europe (to my knowledge I am not aware that we are in fact offering the custom program outside of NA). If you are able to order one, you need to work with your retailer and they need to work with us to be sure you get the board length most likely to be suitable for yourself. At your size, I would recommend the 6’1.

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Joined 2008-10-05

PM

EvanStolze - 06 May 2009 08:25 PM

Dude,

Currently all US Race boards are running twins, with the fins shown. They are canted to 10 degrees.

You should check with your retailer though as I am only familiar with and responsible for custom boards made and bound for the US market.  There may be a different program for those of of you in Europe (to my knowledge I am not aware that we are in fact offering the custom program outside of NA). If you are able to order one, you need to work with your retailer and they need to work with us to be sure you get the board length most likely to be suitable for yourself. At your size, I would recommend the 6’1.

OOPs sorry thought you were OR…I understand, if mainly all boards are running twins, no problem…why change a ...team
on the picture I could not make out if they were canted or not.
Thanks for the info anyway..
have a nice day, I am going to have a good nights rest…if I can sleep hahahah
GJ

Joined 2008-02-06

PM

Evan,  Ithought there was only one size in the race ones. I ordered the 5.10 , I’m 6.2 and 210 pounds. What will be the low end with a 16 meters?

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

It’s tough for me to say, because in San Francisco none of us ever fly anything larger than a 12 Rise so all I can give you is a guess. That being said, with a 16m Rise and good skills you should be flying in 10-12 knots.

Cheers,

Evan

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Joined 2008-02-06

PM

I ordered this board especially for light wind , have you ever built a 6.1 ?

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

Yes, we have.

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales