Diablo in gusty conditions

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2007-09-24

PM

Does anyone have any experience with the Diablo in really gusty winds?  The inland winds here can nearly double in gusts ie if you’re riding at 25km/hr, expect gusts of 40-50km/hr; unfortunately the same can be said of lulls.  Anyway, I’ve been riding the 8/12 rise combo and loving it - awesome in the gusts, so easy to depower, and easy to fly the kite harder for the lulls.  Most of the reviews on the Diablo are outstanding as well, especially for unhooked and wakestyle, which I am hoping to try more of this summer.  So far what I have got out of reading on the forum is that rise=more depower, more low-end grunt, diablo=steady pull, both are fast-turning and good unhooked (maybe diablo is better?);  Any real world comparisons out there?  Thanks!

Ryan

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2009-04-02

PM

Hi, The Diablo would suit you if your riding flat water & want to do alot of unhooked freestyle, but would be most suited to steady wind conditions. If it’s gusty, stick to the Rise..

Sounds to me like the 09 Rise is doing it’s job well for you:-)

Cheers, Tim

Total Posts: 446

Joined 2006-10-24

PM

I’ve got the 08 Diablo’s and I find them to be a pretty well behaved beast from a stability point of view. Not so forgiving in other departments. They are without doubt a pure, make no apologies, Wakestyle machine. The power delivery is full on and unrelenting. I personally find the 12m a nicer kite to fly than the 8m which is an angry monster in minature. Can be hillarious fun though.

Signature

The only kiter in the Village

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2007-11-20

PM

Sounds like you’ve got the pepparami monster in your quiver there Colin. grin

Signature

14m Rise ‘07, 12m Razor ‘12, 10m Razor ‘10, 8m Razor ‘11, 6m Razor ‘11
129 Zen ‘09, 150 Mako ‘09, 159 Spleene Door, 6’1” Circle One

Total Posts: 446

Joined 2006-10-24

PM