Bar size recommendation for 12m One

Total Posts: 112

Joined 2006-05-30

PM

Which size bar are folks out there using with the 12 One? 

Has anyone used it with both the 50 & 60 cm bars ?  Effect on turning radius ?

Official OR recommendation ?

Signature

Comox Kite Repair
http://www.comoxkiterepair.ca

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

OR “Official” Position on bar sizing for the One:

Let your heart decide.

Honestly though, it is a personal decission. Ross (our head designer) prefers a 60cm bar, if that means anything to people. Origionally we were to ship the 12 and 16ms with 60cm bars but then all the hot shots we first let try the kite wanted super small bars to go with their super big .... and so we changed our stance.

Now, I ask dealers what they want and let them decide. Greg, I believe I am shipping your next One with a 60, so you can have options!

Cheers!

JZ - OR

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

...AND! Many thanks to Wade Bortz for helping get my man Dan out there and on the water.

I’m telling you, this is what our crew is all about. Dan and Wade had not met but both were on OR gear. Dan had some issues with the bar problems we had posted before and Wade was there in a pinch to get both of them out and on the water together.

Building the vibe one rider at a time. Welcome to OR!

John Z :evil:

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 94

Joined 2006-01-20

PM

My 12 flew on a 50cm as fast as I wanted.

There seem to be issues from a few and others are as happy as a happy thing… myself included here!

I was amazed at the turn speed of my 16 at the weekend… after all the doom saying it was great…. to the point where it was a bit too fast on the shorter lines. Now rigged with extensions and ready for the weekend.

If any of the UK peeps would like a trip up to Cleethorpes we will be at the Aivents Landboarding championships. You are welcome to a demo, just drop me a PM on here and I will send you my mobile number.

(I find having a play MUCH better than excessive “pimping”)

Signature

16m one, session harness and a pyro pro equipped….. 9 on the way soon!
LOVELY!