sle bar punchup bar?

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2009-03-30

PM

New to this, bought a one 12m but don´t understand the bar. The manual says that for beginners the stopper should be loose and above the thicker part of the line but that´s too far away, If i let the bar go then i can´t reach it again because the stopper is far and it´s been confussing because nobody else here (northest Mexico) knows much abouth the system. Sometimes i can´t even lift it off the grownd, maybe too much depower or too little I don´t know.  Now, is it possible to change the bar for a more “traditional” type without problems? i understand that the depower in the SLE (punchup bar) has a big range but would the kite work ok with other type of bar…? I haven´t been able to use this kite but have sailed with other borrowed kites. need advice big time. sorry for the writing this is not my native language. 

Thanks

Total Posts: 466

Joined 2006-06-15

PM

First you have bought a cracking kite which has a huge wind range especially the upper end.
If you change from the SLE bar you will loose loads of dynamic depower and the let go safety that is built into your kite.
I am only guessing but the reason your kite is not taking off is you have the bar pulled in to far over-sheeting the kite this would be the same what ever bar you used. Let the bar out and depower the kite and you should be fine.
As to the bar going to far away just grab the front lines and pull them towards you. there will be now power and will be able to grab the bar before the kite goes into safety mode.

Total Posts: 1246

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

I agree with Sunshine up top of me there.

Do get in touch with a local dealer though and get from them a “Ez Stopper Upgrade Kit” this will make your bar infintely easier to use and enjoyable… It’s cheap, they sell for $35 plus postage.

(Welcome to the Crew!!!)

JohnZ

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2007-11-20

PM

Hector, ¡bienvenido al Crew!  Tu inglés es muy bueno y podemos entenderte bastante bien.  Pienso que es mejor que mi español. grin  Ahora, en inglés…

The manual suggests that the stopper is above the thicker part of the rope so that if a beginner is in trouble, he can let go of the bar and the kite will depower completely, so there is no (or little) danger.  If you have enough confidence, then you can place the stopper at a position closer to the bar.  However, when you let go of the bar, the kite will still have power.  If you have a leash attached to the front line, then you will need to use the emergency release on the chicken-loop to make safe.

As JohnZ said, there is a better stopper system available.  This allows you to set the stopper so that you can fly with a limited range of depower, but if you let go of the bar, the kite still depowers completely.  It takes about 10-20 minutes to fit.

If you don’t understand anything, please let me know and I will translate as best I can.

Signature

14m Rise ‘07, 12m Razor ‘12, 10m Razor ‘10, 8m Razor ‘11, 6m Razor ‘11
129 Zen ‘09, 150 Mako ‘09, 159 Spleene Door, 6’1” Circle One

Total Posts: 79

Joined 2008-10-01

PM

Buen día Héctor y bienvenido al equipo de Ocean Rodeo!!!

Como ya te han dicho sunrise, JohnZ and vpas, esta forma de poner el stopper es especialmente para los principiantes, en caso de soltar la barra como bien sabes el kite pierde la fuerza y cae sin ninguna tensión al agua o tierra. Ahora como traer de nuevo la barra a tu control? en mi opinión personal y independientemente del sistema stopper que tengas, te voy a decir como yo lo hago.

Muy sencillo, una vez hayas dejado ir la barra totalmente hacia delante, agarra la línea por donde desliza la barra, comienza a cobrar o (halar) con ambas manos hasta que puedas llegar a alcanzar la barra (normalmente con dos brazadas ya llegas a ella) una vez hayas llegado a la barra sujétala lo más al centro que puedas y comienza despacio a deslizarla hasta el final de la cuerda donde ya tendrías el control (nota: en el momento que tengas la barra en tu poder todavía debes tener la línea por donde corre en una mano, no la sueltes a la carrera cuando llegues a alcanzar la barra) esta forma funciona sin complicación alguna, está probada por cientos de personas, un detalle mas, asegúrate que el donkey dick del chicken loop está bien puesto para cuando efectúes esta operación no se te descuelgue del trapecio.

para terminar, el upgrade o actualizacion de el trimline que Jonh te menciona evitaria esto y seria mas facil para ti.
Espero que con esto puedas resolver, si no entiendes todavía, te hago un video mañana enseñándote esto y lo pongo aquí en el fórum para que lo veas.
Saludos

Signature

Ocean Rodeo Rep.
St. John’s Newfoundland, Canada

Joined 2007-11-20

PM

charlito cuba - 17 April 2009 12:12 PM

te hago un video mañana enseñándote esto y lo pongo aquí en el fórum para que lo veas.

Buen idea Charlito.  También tengo unos fotos para ayudar con el nudo que necesito poner en mis páginas del red.  Trataré recordar este fin de semana.

Signature

Joined 2008-10-01

PM

Nice spanish vpas, not bat at all. Hopefully the new member will find a way to solve his problem.

ch

Signature

Ocean Rodeo Rep.

Total Posts: 88

Joined 2009-02-14

PM

It would be nice if the conversations here were in English.

I believe that the whole idea of these forums are for all of us to learn and get info.  Whenever more than one language is used, it makes it rather hard for all to be able to obtain any little bit of info that may be shared; whether it’s a little or a lot.

If someone wants to use a language other than English, it only makes sense to use PMs instead.

Thanks.

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2006-01-18

PM

Allen,

Not everyone speaks English, Its quite rude and argoant to expect everyone to speak the Language you speak..

Signature

Ocean Rodeo Rep Ireland

Joined 2009-02-14

PM

Brian - 17 April 2009 10:52 PM

Allen,

Not everyone speaks English, Its quite rude and argoant to expect everyone to speak the Language you speak..

What you just posted was rude and arrogant; not what I posted.  I noticed that the conversation originally started out in English and the their next posts were in Spanish.

I was simply stating that any info that everyone can get from a post could be very important to some of us.  Since this appears to be a forum of English speaking people, then the post would be better if they were in English.

Simple as that.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Now if you would like to get into a conversation ‘bashing’ someone, then maybe you should look else where.

Joined 2007-11-20

PM

@Charlito, thanks buddy, I only wish it were better.  Just need to keep practising.

@Allen, I understand that it can be frustrating to come across posts that are not in a language you understand, however, does that mean that we should not help people in their native language if they can’t understand English perfectly?  Whilst we’re all here to share and learn, if we can help Hector (and any other Spanish speakers) better by replying in Spanish, then so be it.  In the posts above, you’re not missing any information that hasn’t already been said in English.  I think that if we had used PM’s, then Hector would have missed out from the combined contribution.

Back along, we had someone whose first language was French.  He didn’t speak (read/write) English well enough, but Jeremie was able to help him out in French.  Sure most of the rest of us didn’t understand it, but the guy got the help he needed and I think that’s the most important thing.

Signature

Joined 2009-02-14

PM

vpas - 18 April 2009 10:14 AM

@Charlito, thanks buddy, I only wish it were better.  Just need to keep practising.

@Allen, I understand that it can be frustrating to come across posts that are not in a language you understand, however, does that mean that we should not help people in their native language if they can’t understand English perfectly?  Whilst we’re all here to share and learn, if we can help Hector (and any other Spanish speakers) better by replying in Spanish, then so be it.  In the posts above, you’re not missing any information that hasn’t already been said in English.  I think that if we had used PM’s, then Hector would have missed out from the combined contribution.

Back along, we had someone whose first language was French.  He didn’t speak (read/write) English well enough, but Jeremie was able to help him out in French.  Sure most of the rest of us didn’t understand it, but the guy got the help he needed and I think that’s the most important thing.

vpas,

As I pointed out earlier, your conversation started out in English and then switched to Spanish with charlito cuba.  charlito cuba last post clearly shows that he understands English without any problems.

I’m just pointing out, again, that since it appears that this is an English speaking forum, it would be nice if the conversation were held in English so that everyone could benefit from any knowledge or tips that were given.

You pointed out that “you’re not missing any information that hasn’t already been said in English”.  How was I or anyone else that doesn’t speak Spanish know that was the case until you responded to my post?  I/we didn’t.

You stated that if you had used PMs, “then Hector would have missed out from the combined contributions”.  But then you just pointed out to me “In the posts above, you’re not missing any information that hasn’t already been said in English”.  If that’s truly the case, then why not take the conversation that was spanish into a PM if the conversation that was said in Spanish didn’t provide any more “information that hasn’t already been said in English”?

Here’s a suggestion.  There’s nothing wrong with speaking in other languages, but doesn’t it make sense if someone decides to speak in a language in something other than English on this forum, at least provide a translation in English as well so that everyone can benefit from any info or tips that may be passed along.

Thanks.

Joined 2008-10-01

PM

no problem vpas.

Allen you are not right, but thats fine, next time I will post a translation in english as well so you won’t be missing anything, it is not a big deal.

cheers
ch

Signature

Ocean Rodeo Rep.