pyro-pro age? n

Total Posts: 63

Joined 2008-02-06

PM

Hi! is there a way to find the date a pyro pro was built? there are differents numbers on the suit , what do they mean ?

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Fer sure! Just take a look at the serial number of the suit, it is welded to the suit just below or above the zipper on the inside of the suit.

It is a string of numbers, the 1st 2 indicate the year it was built.

JZ

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 63

Joined 2008-02-06

PM

number 3481-4834 first suit and 61695-18374 second suit what year are they??

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2010-03-30

PM

Hi JohnZ,

I’m very puzzled by your answer given to Earlybird here last year.
I just bought a brand new Pyro Pro from a local shop and the number under the zipper starts by 0809,
the serial number inside the suit (on the back inside) starts with 0804.

I went back to the shop to make sure I was not sold a old suit for a pretended 2010 and the salesman
shown me that all the new Pyro Pro suit he’s just received a week ago (mid-march 2010) have a zipper number and a serial number starting by 08...

So how do we know when the suit was made?

Also can you tell me the differences in the Pyro Pros made in China and those made in Canada?
The outter shell material at least seems different… Are the non-shinny ones a little more breathable than the others?

Thanks,

Very pleased with my new suit by the way!

Bob

Joined 2010-03-30

PM

Hey, does anyone ever replies here???

JohnZ, you’re still out there somewhere?

Do I have to conclude that most 2010 Pyro Pro suits were actually made in 2008 and you’re embarrassed to admit it???
Knowing that latex seals dry out progressively, it’s not too reassuring…

Hoping to get a clarification on this…
Thanks

Bob

Total Posts: 152

Joined 2007-06-26

PM

John is out of the office for a couple of days.

The new pyro pro’s are made of an different fabric the non-shinny one’s, these suits are more breathable
and a bit more flexibele, and they are made in 2010 for sure.

Don’t worry about the seals i have a customer that own’s a pyro classic for about 8 or 9 years and no seal repairs yet, just tread here good.

Cheers Barry

Signature

on fire

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2005-12-27

PM

I just put a request into the factory re the dates/code on your suits. Shoud have the answer later today.

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2005-12-27

PM

The 3481-4834 (large Pyro Pro) was produced in 09, and the 61695-18374 (2xl Pyro Pro) in 08.
The Pyro Pro, light and classic have remained unchanged for many years. The suits are produced in large batches, so its not uncommon for the XXS, XS and XXL to remain in stock for over a year. Key sizes S to XL move much faster and represent 90% of the sales volume.
If for any reason your seals are bad shape we would cover it under warranty.

Joined 2010-03-30

PM

Ok thanks Richard for the detailed answer!

So I guess that means that John was totally wrong saying that the first 2 numbers indicates the year the suits are build.
My suit number starts by 0804565…, any time frame clues there for you guys?

The second part of my question was related to the country the suits are made.
The ones made in China look a bit different than those made in Canada,
both have the new breathable fabric inside but i saw the chineese ones have a more shiny outter fabric.
Are they totally equivalent or those from Canada will be slighly more breathable?

Thanks,

Bob

Total Posts: 89

Joined 2007-01-05

PM

Hey Bob,

I’m going to jump in here and let you know that you are also free to give us a call at anytime. We are more than happy to help you out.

We are often busy with other tasks that don’t always allow us to stay on top of all forum topics. We have a great Crew of riders that do a fantastic job helping us out on here as well.

You can call me toll free at 1-888-544-4969 ext.279 if you have anymore questions or concerns.

Cheers

Kevin.

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Bob, I am sorry. I have been out of the office for the last week and was not looking at this forum.

In the last year we have switched all of our suit manufacturing to China because they are capable of working with a new fabric that we have been testing for years and to which we wanted to transition all of our production. This lead to some confusion with the serial numbers.

The Chinese suits are all made with a new 100% breathable material that we are very excited to be working with. The Canadian made suits are made with the same, high quality tri-laminate drysuit materials that we have used in our suits for years.

John Z

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Joined 2010-03-30

PM

All right, thanks guys, I appreciate.
Good to know that you have that direct hotline for support!

Since this discussion had already been started here, I thought I would be better
to try to get an answer within this thread so any clarification would benefit everyone
that was left puzzled as me with last year answer on manufacturing dates.

So it’s the chineese suits that have the new softer and most breathable fabric…
Ok then, I must have mixed up what the salesman told me, I thought he’d said the opposite.
Anyway, that’s the one I’ve chosen and very happy about it,
as I was for the past 4 years with my previous Pyro Pro, that was just a little too short…

Thanks again for creating such great suits!
Sales must be pretty good this year, I constantly see more and more people around me
throwing away their steamers and now showing up for riding just like me:
warmly dressed in an OR Pyro Pro!

Cheers!

Bob