DIABLO & RISE Convert Attachment Points!

Total Posts: 1246

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Our Diablo and RISE line of kites feature Convert Attachment Points. These options change the handling and performance of the kite significantly and can be used to your advantage in various wind conditions and with various skill levels!

Click on either image below for a full sized, print compatible version of the image.

John Z :evil:

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

I had a magical session today with my 14m diablo, 06’.
That surf setting is incredible! It really makes this kite behave more like a bow than a c-kite. I was out in 20 to 30 and never felt like the kite was anything but rock solid no matter how much I depowered. You can really ride the waves with its set like this, beautiful design!

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

Wow, multiple attachment points on an SLE hybrid!
This is going to be totally fun man! :twisted:

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2006-10-13

PM

Hi John - could you explain the Rise SLE - the kite picture looks like it has the SLE features and bridal system of the One for depower and safety with C feel as mentioned, but has attachment points on the kite like it attaches like the Diablo.

Do the lines on the Rise SLE not connect like the lines on the One SLE?  From the picture of the Rise it looks like they do.

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Nice question MK.

Actually the Rise and the One both have the same Power Control Bridle System to which the lines, front and back, are attached.

The Rise ships ready to fly in the expert mode, lightest bar pressure and fastest turning. Schools or beginners can easily move the bridle’s attachments to the alternate settings to slow the kite’s turning speed and introduce a little more bar pressure to help sense where the kite is.

Hope this helps!

John

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2006-10-13

PM

Thanks John,  looks like its going to be a great kite and looking foward to riding one - the Rise!.

Mark

Total Posts: 511

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

Richard (O.R.) was trying out the 16M ‘RISE’ pre-production model today…DIABLO fast in less than ideal conditions (8-15 knots)...After his session we noticed the rear lines were on the ‘slow turning’ setting !!! One quick kite…The prototype surfboard looks sweet as well…

Signature

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2007-04-23

PM

Hi OR Guys, can you update this (if necessary) for Rise’s with the 2008 Bridle? Is B-2 still the recommended setting? Have also been reading some posts where folks are using A-1 as the standard at OR’s recommendation.

I have been using B-1 since putting on the 2008 Bridle, but am going to try B-2 to make the kite a tiny bit quicker.

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Here’s the break down:

- Inside setting on both front and back: Best all round setting
- Inside setting on front and outside setting on back: faster turns possibly better light wind setting.
- Outside setting front and inside setting back: slower turns, higher bar pressure, better for beginners or riders looking for bar pressure feedback
- Outside setting on both front and back: hardest to fly, may cause stalls, faster turning setting and will give lots of bar feed back for experts, Not recommended.

JZ!

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2007-04-23

PM

Thanks John, sorry I am kind of slow, but can you use the A,B, and 1,2 terminology that is shown in the pictures at top of thread? I think I know what you mean by inside and outside, but I want to make absolutely sure.

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2007-10-05

PM

Rise tuning question… I’m looking to replace my 2006 Waroo 7m and have really been impressed by the Rise 6m, but I found a couple traits that are a show stopper for me.

One thing I love to do with small kite is backside downwind wave riding, especially riding toeside. Yesterday I demo’d a Rise 6m at West Beach (see pic: Whidbey Island, Wa just across from OR HQ), riding wind waves from the W blowing down the Straits of Juan de Fuca. Perfect conditions for the 6m, it handled the gusty wind great.  Two things I didn’t like:

When riding toe side on the face of the wave, heading off the wind a bit, the kite would make me accelerate too fast and I couldn’t keep the speed in check (I don’t want to edge, I want to ride the wave),  trying with it with depower pulled several inches and pushing the bar as far as I could reach didn’t slow me down. Kinda reminded me of old C kites when you rode downwind a bit.  Went out on my Waroo and it didn’t do this.

The other thing is when riding on a wave with the kite waay depowered I couldn’t feel the kite, I had to keep looking up at it

So is there some magic tuning settings to try? I love everything else about the kite but these quirky needs of mine are key for me for a small kite

Thanks
Mike S

Joined 2007-10-05

PM

I couldn’t post the link in my first message, so here’s what it looked like for the demo.

[quote author=“mikes1p”]
One thing I love to do with small kite is backside downwind wave riding, especially riding toeside. Yesterday I demo’d a Rise 6m at West Beach (see pic: Whidbey Island, Wa just across from OR HQ), riding wind waves from the W blowing down the Straits of Juan de Fuca. Perfect conditions for the 6m

Total Posts: 434

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

Mikes,

Set the kite up on Setting 1 if you haven’t already.

http://www.oceanrodeo.com/kiting/images/rise/Rise_Bridle_Flash_08.swf

This should give you plenty of depower to fade downwind/down-the-line when sheeted all the way out with the bar. You may find you want about 6-8” of trim pulled in in order to be depowered and trimmed correctly if you are well-powered up.

If you are still carrying too much power IMO you are ready to drop down a kite size.

Cheers,

Evan

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Hyperflex Wetsuits, US Sales

Joined 2007-10-05

PM

[quote author=“EvanStolze”]
If you are still carrying too much power IMO you are ready to drop down a kite size.

Thanks for the speedy reply, I’ll check the setup and try those settings. The kite was comfortably in it’s wind range, it was very comfy for the conditions. The going into hyper speed was just different from what I’m used to my with my kite, didn’t pull that hard but just accelerated me even with the kite was depowered alot

Have a good New Year
Mike S

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

OR makes a kite that really and truly fits the criteria you are looking for.
Its called the 7m One.

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2007-09-22

PM

[quote author=“Johnz”]Nice question MK.

Actually the Rise and the One both have the same Power Control Bridle System to which the lines, front and back, are attached.

The Rise ships ready to fly in the expert mode, lightest bar pressure and fastest turning. Schools or beginners can easily move the bridle’s attachments to the alternate settings to slow the kite’s turning speed and introduce a little more bar pressure to help sense where the kite is.

Hope this helps!

John

Hi!
The section about connectionpoints is not correct!!! At least not for my Rise 10m Venturi 2008

I have just bought the kite and the default settings from factory on my kite is b and 1 which is the setting 2 on the explanation of the 2008 Convertible bridle. There are different descriptions on different pictures. In the Rise Convert Attachment points it says that factory setting is b and 2 (as you point out in this post) but in the picture that describes all four settings it says that setting 1 is the factorysetting (a and 1). Neither of those so called factorysetting was on my kite.
Maybe the factory settings are different on different sizes of the kites.
Could you please make all pictures and descriptions alike.
I have only used the kite once (on snow) and I think it’s really nice   :D

/henrik