OR Rise 10sqm canopy flutter

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2008-04-25

PM

I have just unpacked a new OR Rise 10sm puppy and because I couldnt wait for a decent blow, launched her in 8-12mph wind.The problem (if it is one), is that when powering up across the wind window, the canopy flutters at the trailing edge of the second strut. Sounds like a seagull with flight problems! Is this due to underinflated struts, insufficient wind etc.?
Any comments, suggestions please.

Total Posts: 571

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Can’t say I’ve noticed that problem Tony. Do ensure that you pump the kite up hard so that the struts are pretty solid. The kite likes that. Perhaps you could report back once you have tried her out again. Welcome to our crew!

andy

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Total Posts: 36

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

Hi Tony,
What sometimes happens is the dacron on the trailing edge gets folded/ creased when the kite is packed and as such it doesn`t sit flat and then can cause the canopy to flutter. The good news is that this goes away with a bit of use . Use it for a while and then if it`s still fluttering , let us know. Thanks.
Ross

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2008-04-25

PM

Thanks Guys for the quick response.
This has confirmed my suspicion. At the time of inflating, my pump was mis-behaving - need a new one!!
I look forward to my next session when I will ensure correct inflation. Should be in the next 2 days - on the water though!!!
Stolked to be an OR Crew member here in Essex UK at long last cool smile !
Going atmospheric with OR!!

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Tony! Welcome to the Crew!!

As Ross mentioned, get some serious time on the water with it, at least a couple 2-3 hour sessions. By then the Dacron will have relaxed from its packed up shape and hopefully the flapping will have gone. If not, please let your retailer know and we will gladly look to replace the kite for you, as mentioned though I suspect that the noise will go as the material loosens up… (there is a dirty joke in here somewhere. I’ll let you all work it out.)

JZ

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2006-07-15

PM

Tony,

I have had that too but also only when messing about in next to no wind looping the kite etc! Get on it in some decent wind and work the kite, it seems to fill nicely and not flutter at all.

I know it wasnt me that sold you the kite but if you have any queries about set-up, feel free to drop us an email.

Ben

http://www.oceanrodeokites.co.uk

Signature

http://www.oceanrodeokites.co.uk

RIPPING UP THE OCEAN RODEO GEAR IN THE UK!!!!