2 of 2
The Go-Joe!! - NOW SHIPPING!
Posted: 18 October 2006 10:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  315
Joined  2006-04-02

How do you find the go jo while your riding does it get in your way at all or you don’t even notice it’s there.  Curious.

Jason

Signature 

Kiting is great can’t wait to retire so I can do it full time.  Bring on the wind.

Posted: 18 October 2006 10:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  315
Joined  2006-04-02

Hey Ocean Rodeo you should sell Go Joe to Purolator they lost my Mako, perhaps they could find it if the Go Joe was on it.

Jason

Signature 

Kiting is great can’t wait to retire so I can do it full time.  Bring on the wind.

Posted: 18 October 2006 12:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Guru
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  505
Joined  2006-01-19

I find my leg just brushes against it. No problem.

Signature 

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…

Posted: 30 October 2006 01:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2006-01-19

I finally got the chance to try the Go-Joe at the weekend at the end of the day in fading light.
The wind was blowing a good 20knts and the water was pretty well chopped up but no swell to speak of.
When I arrived at the beach I kinda braced myself for what I thought would be the inevitable piss taking but instead I only received curious enquiries and a good few ‘what a great idea’ sort of comments, in no small way down to the fact that as I arrived, a visiting French rider was busy dragging back and forth searching for his lost board while others scoured the shore and took to the water to help look for it, not easy when the light levels were dropping and his board was black.
Straight off I learnt how effective the Go-Joe was when I placed the board in the shallows and made a couple of adjustments to the kite, when I looked down to grab the board, it had gone! It had only gone a few metres but showed me just how well it works.
In use it doesn’t get in the way at all, water starting in both deep and shallow water was exactly the same and when riding, you really don’t notice it’s there until you fall off…
Doing what it’s designed to do the Go-Joe was amazing; to the point that I sussed out that I could actually de-power my ONE and wait for the board to come downwind to me! However being impatient I usually just did a quick drag back and forth to grab my board in a few seconds rather than minutes. In the low light levels, spotting the board was easy as the day-glo orange really stood out but somehow in normal light, doesn?t look too garish when attached to my orange board.
What the Go-Joe offers me is the chance to push new limits knowing that my board is not going to be coming after me on a leash and at the same time increasing my water time by not endlessly dragging back to my board.
I cannot recommend Go-Joe highly enough, it?s cheap, simple and effective, what more do you want? (Apart from a new board - Sorry French dude).

2 of 2