The Go-Joe!! - NOW SHIPPING!

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

The Go-Joe has been sent to a select few dealerships and schools to get their impression of the product. We expect to be able to ship the finished product some time around the middle of the summer. The Go-Joe is a leashless board recovery device!

Check this out!

Very stoked on this kooky little device. It promises to make life a lot easier for beginners and expert riders riding in less than optimal conditions!

JohnZ

[quote author=“craig myers”]I’ve been worried about putting a leash on my blue mako, but I sure don’t want to lose it either. The board color is perfect for low visibility in the water, eye contact with a lost blue mako is tough… but the shape is gnarely for a leash… kind of like putting a leash on a the end of a sword.  This Go-Joe looks like its worth a try if it allows you to get better eye contact with a lost board and brings that board down wind to you a bit quicker. I’d go for that. :D
Who gets to try it first? :?:

[quote author=“Chris@sharkless”]Yea I need some info on this.  I would like to look at using it in lessons.

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2006-01-20

PM

Does anyone have an idea how this will work in waves, strong winds and/ very chopped up conditions? These seem to be the times when you loose your board either due to visabillity or strong current.

Signature

Its all about the adventure and stoke!

Total Posts: 1246

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

If you have been waiting for a Go-Joe they are on the way! The shipment arrived today and we expect to start shipping   these bad boys world wide in the next week.

John Z - OR :evil:

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 511

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

Go-Joe was a BIG help for a local kiter off Victoria yesterday !!! After talking to him I’m in. In addition to ‘blowing’ the board downwind it makes it highly visible, a good thing in swell & tide rips.

Signature

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…

Total Posts: 53

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

I’m really looking forward to trying out the Go Joe for myself… I had a big lofting incident last week where my reel leash snaped at full extension which was kind of lucky as my board would have been right behind me!

As I’m starting to try out some new moves and I’d feel much more comfortable if I wasn’t physically attached to the board but equally, I don’t want to spend half my session body dragging.

I know it looks like a kooky sort of product but when pushing new limits, I feel the piss taking on the beach versus the benefits it offers is probably worthwhile!

Has anyone here had a chance to use one? If so, what board were you using it with and what do you think of it? Does it rotate the board downind? Is it effective enough at blowing the board downwind at a greater speed than you’re getting drifted yourself? Did you use it with a bow or a C kite? What sort of wind speed? Questions questions… sorry!

Iain

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

Just installed my ‘gojoe’... Installation note Insert the unit INCLUDING the WEBBING STRAP !!! with the bolts holding your handle on. You don’t want your unit @ half mast !

Signature

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

I installed my GoJoe without the handle (the screws were too short to support both the joe and the handle), and as a result I ‘broke’ the foam base picking up the board by the Joe.

Kind of annoying. Will have to see about getting another foam base somehow.

A suggestion - there are kinds of foam that wont break - they are basically the same as is currently used, but there is a heavy fabric bonded to the front and back surface of the foam.

I dont follow the suggestion to “Insert the unit including the webbing strap” - can you explain what this means? There is a kind of strap that comes off the top part of the joe, are you suggesting that the board handle should go through this strap?

Total Posts: 1246

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

[quote author=“dmorton”]There is a kind of strap that comes off the top part of the joe, are you suggesting that the board handle should go through this strap?

Yes,

That strap is designed to be slightly shorter than the height of the go-joe. Bolt the grab handle down over the base plate of the go-joe and with the hanging strap sandwiched between the go-joe base plate and the grab handle, run the bolt through the handle, through the webbing loop, through the base plate and into the board.

This webbing strap will suck the go joe down and onto the board and make it nice and taught on the top of the board.

JZ

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

I see. The at the end of the strap there is a small hole which the screw holding the handle down should go through. Doing this will also make the joe more rugged when used to pick up the board, I think.

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

So a question about the joe - its possible to mount it at one of 3 different angles. I cant figure out how to choose which angle - what difference does it make?

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

You might want to offset your ‘GoJoe’ to allow maximum clearance for your foot. (Inflated it favors one end.)

Signature

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Used the GoJoe in Tarifa over the weekend and got a lot of curious looks.

One issue: when fully inflated, an inverted board can find a stable way to stay that way. If the GoJoe is only partially inflated, then an inverted board is unstable, and always seemed to flip over.

Total Posts: 53

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

Thanks for the tip, hoping to get out this weekend and try mine.

How did it perform for you? What sort of wind speeds and conditions were you using it in?

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

[quote author=“twister”]How did it perform for you? What sort of wind speeds and conditions were you using it in?

It was 25-40 kts over the weekend - rough water but no waves to speak of. I only went out at the lower end of the range, and ended up coming off and chasing my board down a lot. The GoJoe was a bit erratic - sometimes it went too fast and sometimes it went too slow. I couldnt figure out what made it perform at different speeds, but then I only had 3 days with it, and was focusing on other things. The main thing was - it mostly righted itself, it did blow downwind, and it was easy to see. In other words, it did its job just fine.

Havnt used it it low wind conditions though.

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2006-01-20

PM

Just imagine what it would have been like without Joe?

Signature

Its all about the adventure and stoke!

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

Good point Gareth. I’ve just started using a ‘GoJoe’ because: 1. I find it easier to go downwind to recover my board than upwind. 2. I can now spot my board. 3. I never liked the idea of my Mako smacking me in the face ! 4. Coming in after a session I can focus on my kite not the board leash wrappng around my ankles.

Signature