2008 lines breaking

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2008-05-14

PM

Hi anyone having problems with there leader lines breaking the front leader line broke and today the other front leader broke today with no safety kite looping that was fun.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2009-01-11

PM

Maybe you need to maintain and check your stuff before you go out on the water?

Joined 2008-05-14

PM

The bar and lines are not that old and have shown no signs of wear.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2009-01-11

PM

If 2 lines break at almost the same time it probably isn’t an production fault or something like that…

I still don’t understand what your point is…

Total Posts: 517

Joined 2008-04-13

PM

Alferink, I assume magwello is talking about the leader lines, not the flying lines - Am I correct? This is the thicker piece of line that attached to the ring on one side and the self landing handle on the other, both just above the swivel. These should not be breaking…

Joined 2008-05-14

PM

Thanks el rudo you know what i am talking about and they should not be breaking not at around 35 hours use i have used other brands and never had any leader lines break before, i just want to know if others are breaking i have heard of chicken loops breaking on here i hope that does’nt happen.

Total Posts: 66

Joined 2008-05-13

PM

Hi,
Where exactly did they brake, so we can check ours?
Btw - can you tell us what is your weight?
Thanx,
Jaros

Total Posts: 36

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

Can you please post a picture showing where the breakage happened. Thanks.

Total Posts: 349

Joined 2007-01-03

PM

are you sure they broke? i had the same happen to me where i forgot to trim in to unhook kite stalled down then powered stright up and two lines came loose like yours. on first impressions i thought my leaders had snapped, but it turned out that the frayed ends were just because the tug had pulled the knots out of them!

Signature

Tech Rep, Southern UK.

8,12 Diablo
10m rise
zen 129x39
LF Mission with Ronix Scouts
custom wakeskate
Strapless 5"ll

Total Posts: 1246

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Pictures… pictures… pictures please! Drop in 2 shots, 1 of the snapped leader line and one of the end of the kite flying line that was attached to it. Ross is our head of design, so he could use the shots if you can get them.

Certainly if you have had this experience we will be happy to support you through the dealer you bought the gear from, so please contact them for product support!

By the way, welcome to the forum and the Crew! Hope to have you back on the water shortly!

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Joined 2008-05-14

PM

Ok i will send them through John and the dealer in Australia i got the kite from is not selling them at the moment. And thanks for the welcome too.