Rise Leading Edge - Blow Out
Posted: 30 December 2008 10:54 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  129
Joined  2007-10-20

I pumped up my 1 month old Rise yesterday, flipped it over sat it down. Was talking to a mate for a few minutes then it just blew out. Ripped a fair section of the leading edge out.

Ive noticed almost every OR clearance kite has a blown LE - Is this a common fault with the Rise?

Signature 

Kitejunkiee.com

Posted: 31 December 2008 08:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  108
Joined  2007-01-24

Not that I know of. I had some serious bladder problems at one point in my kite career (w/ the One) but realized they were mainly due to the tips of the leading edge rolling up and not extending all the way out to the end.

Did you contact OR and see if the blow out is covered by the warranty?

David

Posted: 31 December 2008 12:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-20

Trying to but contact the dealer but I think he is on holidays. I always roll the kite out completly, it blew out right in the middle of the LE. It should be a warranty - I have only used it maybe 5-6 times if that. I think the stitching may have teared causing the bladder to burst. I just hope the kite doesnt have to go back to Canada, that will take months to sort out. : (

Image Attachments
LE.jpg
 Signature 

Kitejunkiee.com

Posted: 01 January 2009 08:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  462
Joined  2006-06-15

Ocean Rodeo are second to none on warranty . I have sold may Rise kites and have not had a leading edge blow.  A few on the One which were replaced straight out. Where are you? If you are in my patch (UK) I will get a a demo kite straight out to you to keep you on the water.

Posted: 01 January 2009 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-20

Thanks Sunrise thats very generous! Im in Australia and the only OR Dealer is 1,000km from me. Im going to have to buy myself some sort of replacement for the mean time. I know whatever I get it isnt going to compare to the rise, and everyone seems to be dreaming they want ridiculous prices for 2nd hand gear. The only cheap kite I found was a brand new 08 blade vertigo for $950AU - around 700USD comes with bar/lines. Is this a good kite, i havent heard much about them?

Signature 

Kitejunkiee.com

Posted: 02 January 2009 03:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  108
Joined  2007-01-24

Contact OR directly if you don’t have a dealer nearby or one who is hard to get ahold of. Just give Customer Service a ring or an email (available thru the website).

Posted: 02 January 2009 09:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  152
Joined  2007-06-26

OR has a good warranty on there products so this is not a problem just send them an email.
Don’t go for a blade kite the look nice but fly like wet papier.

good luck

Signature 

on fire

Posted: 03 January 2009 02:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-20

Ok cheers will contact OR and will stay away from blade kites

Signature 

Kitejunkiee.com

Posted: 05 January 2009 07:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  89
Joined  2007-01-05

Hey Scrotus,

Further to your concern…due to the nature of the sport a blown LE is the most common warranty claim on any kite. That being said,on a percentage basis we have a very low warranty claim rate in comparison to the rest of the industry. We have always prided oursleves on our construction and will always make this a focus of ours.

Feel free to contact me directly at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) and I’ll take care of any issues you may have.

Cheers.

Posted: 08 January 2009 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-20

Thanks Kevin, Mal has passed the info on to you guys.

Signature 

Kitejunkiee.com

Posted: 23 January 2009 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-20

Thanks for the fast replacement Kevin!! - though I now own a 2009 10m not sure I can afford to keep both : ( : (

Signature 

Kitejunkiee.com