Anyone using a GPS during your sessions?

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

Santa brought me a Delorme PN-20 GPS, and I was wondering if anyone is using one of these or any other types during your sessions. Any tips?
Reallly looking forward to seeing my board speeds and tracking waypoints.

Thanks!

Total Posts: 265

Joined 2006-09-04

PM

yeah one of the guys did up here they used to give them an overlay of the session on a map also came with min max mph etc looked cool on a map like big zig zags.

Signature

I love to Kiteboard

Total Posts: 45

Joined 2007-07-09

PM

I have used a Garmin during some sessions.  I wear it inside my PyroPro.  Based on where I am riding and wind direction I either put it on my back or chest in order to try to orient towards the best satellite reception. 

I like seeing all the data at the end, in particular the max speed.  I take it home and connect it to the computer as well.  Interesting to see the route overlayed on a map. 

I am not sure I trust the max speed though.  I think the sample rate is dirrerent between units and may be adjustable as well.  I would like to think my max was correct, but it is hard for me to confirm.

I have done some digging around on the web regarding the speed records.  From what I understand there is one particular unit that is prefered for recording the max speeds.  It may be yours!

Have fun with it, and share any more information you find.

Signature

2007 Rise 14M, 12M, 10M.  2011 Rise 8M, 6M.
2011 Razors 12M, 10M, 8M
Pyro Pro

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

Tucking it inside the drysuit is a great idea, thanks!
Its blowing in the upper 20’s. low 30’s right now at dawn.
I’m drooling to get another session on this 09’ 8m Rise that the BKB is letting me demo.
I’ll let you know how it goes.
Yeeeeee Haw!