Leash placement for 12 m One
Posted: 26 May 2006 05:49 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  87
Joined  2006-01-17

I’m sure that this is a very simple thing but I’m having trouble figuring out where to attach a safety leash on the punch up bar.

First of all, from what I’m reading it seams that simply by hooking in to c-loop and using punch up mechanism you have a built in leash.  However, there is the “emergency” sleeve above c-loop which when pulled separates you from the rig.

Could easily hook safety leash to left hand back line but could no longer spin bar without tangles.

Last option is to hook safety leash to front line.  However, since this distance will expand when the punch up mechanism is activiated won’t this nullify (word?) the whole advantage to the complete depower by allowing the front lines to only travel a set distance away?

Finally, I’ve read that OR was including a short leash with the One kites.  Never got one but I’m sure I could use my exhisitng leash.  Just don’t know the best place to attach.

Thanks in advance,

Brad

Signature 

St. John’s Newfoundland

Posted: 26 May 2006 08:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2006-05-23

I believe you can hook into either the front line attachment as per the OR manual or the ring on the cleat side of the chicken loop.  Many “flat/bow” kites do not have this chicken ring thing so it is a bonus to get one with the OR.

Posted: 27 May 2006 04:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  87
Joined  2006-01-17

Yes, you’re correct!  I was thinking that when ejecting from c-loop the whole thing came off but off course, it simply lets your harness hook slip off without disconecting from the bar.  This way, I see, you are still connected to the front lines but at maximum depower.
:idea:

Signature 

St. John’s Newfoundland