2009 DIABLO Review

Total Posts: 185

Joined 2006-01-09

PM

Diablo 2009

Hi guys, I know you have been waiting a lot to know more about the new 2009 diablo, here it is ....
For this new kite we really improved the performances of last year kite .

The kite a a real C kite with everything you want it to do for all wakestyle riders or anyone missing a true C kite.

Why C kite ?
C kite are made for riders who need to do all wakestyle tricks, unhooked or anything new school. The kite react better and allow to get a slack in the line while poping to pass the bar.

We kept all the good from the 2008 diablo and added some great things to make it your freestyle weapon.

The kite fly best with the 5th line. we are working on a small bridle mod on the kite to ride it 4 lines with the peformances of the 5th line setting.

The Leading edge and struts diameter have been reduced, the construction is still bombproof and the new graphic design we are working on are very nice and freestyle oriented.

The kite has less bar pressure than last years kite and it feels good, the bar pressure is just perfect to feel where exactly your kite is without having tenis elbow or getting tired.

The turning of the kite have been improved, the smaller diameter and new profile allow a better penetration in the air, the kite react very fast and turns very good.
The good thing is that the kite climbs very fast after looping it . It doesn’t turn on itself but generate a big arc and very fast while looping ... all kiteloop adept will love it.

While kiting and moving the kite you feel a very different sensation due to the lower bar pressure and the fast turning, the kite turns very smoothly and feel great to fly

The lift is better than last year ( which was already good), you will go high and stay long in the air while jumping.
For unhooking and handle passes, the kite react perfectly, it stays very stable.
After a pop jump you will get the great slack in the line to be able to pass the bar easily.

The relaunching is good.

The kite benefit of a very good depower,  compare to last year diablo you will be able to handle the kite in much more wind than you were use to.
The kite is a little less powerfull than last year which was already very power ( to much for some people) than average so it shouldn’t be a problem.

Most of the C kite adept out there will like the new diablo C kite.
The 10m sample is available for anyone that want to test it .

see you

jeremie

Total Posts: 78

Joined 2006-01-09

PM

Thanks Jermie, what is the bottom end on it like this year especially compared to last years which had really high top end but a pretty poor low end.  Thanks.

Total Posts: 152

Joined 2007-06-26

PM

less bar pressure grin witch design will you use the cad or the sample.

The 10m sample is available for anyone that want to test it: hell ya send it over here.
i think the Diablo will do great this year.
Thanks for the review Jer.

Signature

on fire

Total Posts: 79

Joined 2008-10-01

PM

any pics of the look of the kite?? when is going to be available? i am looking forward to try it, i need to see what is all the fuzz about smile

ch

Signature

Ocean Rodeo Rep.
St. John’s Newfoundland, Canada

Total Posts: 78

Joined 2006-01-09

PM

Can you comment on the low end of the diablo this year compared to last?  Thanks.

Joined 2006-01-09

PM

hey
the low end is a little less than last year .
But we got more depower so at the end the windrange is much bigger than last year kite .
Loosing a little low end compared to last year kite ( which was already very power) allowed us to get a much better kite !
Amazing kite

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2007-09-11

PM

updates where is it at? pics ?release date? come on
getting the shakes here grrr

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2007-10-30

PM

I’m guessing its going to be sometime in early 09 for the 09 diablo to drop.  Would love to hear how the development is going, but that stuff is usually pretty hush.  The mention of a bridle had me wondering, but if you can get easy relaunch and get rid of the 5th it could be worth it.  Hope its just a simple thing with no pulley.  Any word on that??  I think North have a bit of a bridle for the new vegas.

Just speculating on whats been posted.

Total Posts: 446

Joined 2006-10-24

PM

Brent4336 - 20 November 2008 02:30 PM

I’m guessing its going to be sometime in early 09 for the 09 diablo to drop.  Would love to hear how the development is going, but that stuff is usually pretty hush.  The mention of a bridle had me wondering, but if you can get easy relaunch and get rid of the 5th it could be worth it.  Hope its just a simple thing with no pulley.  Any word on that??  I think North have a bit of a bridle for the new vegas.

Just speculating on whats been posted.

Agreed. I’m not overly huge on bridles. I dont mind the 5th line though - once it’s in the air that is. I could live with very small bridle provided there’s no pulley. Needs to be really short too so there’s absolutely no risk of tangles, wrapping or whatever.

Looking forward to this one.

Signature

The only kiter in the Village

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2008-07-12

PM

Thanks for the review!
Could you compare the range to the Rise? I have a 10, and the question is what size should I get from the Diablo to get the same low end, or to get a little better low end.
Thanks,
T

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2007-10-30

PM

The range question is a good one and I hope we get some guidance before they ship.  Its tough these days with so many kites out there.  How are you to know when the 10m rise pull like many 12m kites and some older 14m kites.  With the new Diablo being a complete re-design its tough to make the call on your quiver, and it would suck to have em for a couple months and realize you made the wrong call.  I’m hoping to demo one, preferably the 12m to get an idea of where both the 14 and 10 fit, but whatever size I get a go at ,I’ll do my best to put it in context with the rise.  Jeremie would no doubt have the best input there.

I’m kinda figuring on a 14/10 quiver and will rely on my 8m sle for the gnarliest of gnarlys!  Pretty sure I want a 10m.  That’s development model and 10m kites seem to have the biggest range these days.  We don’t have the “nitinat” conditions where an 8/6m would get much use.  For me its more about the other end.  My hopes are high the 14m is both powerful and fun.  Too many days spent just riding back and forth on my 12m sle this past summer.  Those kites jump with big kite input way before you can load the lines with the board.  I’m looking for some of what I used to have in my kites where popping no whip 10 footers was more fun than I find it on SLEs.  Took me a couple years to get over the marvel of depower to get back to that!

Joined 2006-01-09

PM

The range is different for any people and riding style, this is why It is dificult to know what people have to choose.
A rider doing handle pass tricks only during his sessions will start to be overpowered on a 10m by 20 knots.
But if you stay hooked in , you can handle a 10m in 30 knots.

Then the weight also is part of the equation.

Jeremie

Joined 2008-07-12

PM

Thats right, but how you compare it to the Rise in the same size? Does it have the same lowend, or range?
Thanks

Joined 2006-01-09

PM

Rise is an SLE kite
A C kite doesn’t have the same range.
The low end of the RIse is better than the diablo
The depower of the rise is better.

The new diablo has a better depower than last year diablo.

The depower isn’t the same, on an SLE you can depower the kite a lot and loose almost all the power but it won’t be fun to kite anymore because your backline are very loose and the steering isn’t the same anymore.
The depower on the C kite might be less but depowered at the maximum the kite still perform good so let’s say you can get almost the same depower than the rise for the riding but without the safety power kill that the Rise or any SLE has

LEt’s say that the to have the same low end of a 10 Rise u ride a 12 diablo.

The diablo is a great kite, the new lift is very nice and will also satisfy most of oldschool riders that wana go high.
But this kite is designed for freestyle and unhooking, so if you are not planing on unhooking riders must stick to the Rise, they will have more fun.

The diablo is also for people who are missing this C kite feeling.

Jeremie

Joined 2008-07-12

PM

Thanks a lot, this is exactly what I wanted to know! Sounds like an exciting kite, I should try one soon. Heading towards the unhooked stuff, sooner or later will be there…. smile

Joined 2006-01-09

PM

no probs !!!!
hope u gonna get a chance to try it soon enough.
Jeremie