Spinning the rise- bar and line issue

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2007-04-13

PM

Hi,
First- Love the 8meter Rise- huge range. For those that havent tried it in lighter winds ( like when everyone is on 10 and 12s) give it a shot. Once you get moving with a few quick dive and climbs, its all good.

Second- I have just gotten into back loops/ spins ( not with the kite) and find that the front lines stay twisted after a rotation- ie the swivel doesnt work the way I thought it would
Stopping in the water and un twisting them is a pain in the butt, and leads to a crossed over centre line.
Anyone have this issue, and what did you do.
I tried lubing it, didnt help much.. Also tried the depower-shake the bar like crazy, worked occasionaly.
Thoughts?
cheers,
T

Total Posts: 108

Joined 2007-01-24

PM

Learn front rolls! :D

After I spin I just reach up towards the swivel and untwist…it usually comes untwisted fairly easy…even after multiple spins. A little rattle and shake may help too.

I agree on the 8m…it rocks. The 12 and 8 Rise is a wicked combo.

David

Total Posts: 265

Joined 2006-11-15

PM

A few twists in the frontlines does not really matter. However sometimes when I practice a new trick and keep doing the same spin all day I use a very simple but effective method. While riding, turn your centerline by hand and once the frontlines are untwisted the swivel does its job again. you can use the sliding stopper for leverage.

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2007-11-20

PM

[quote author=“wouter”]While riding, turn your centerline by hand and once the frontlines are untwisted the swivel does its job again. you can use the sliding stopper for leverage.

This is exactly what I do.  No need to stop.

Signature

14m Rise ‘07, 12m Razor ‘12, 10m Razor ‘10, 8m Razor ‘11, 6m Razor ‘11
129 Zen ‘09, 150 Mako ‘09, 159 Spleene Door, 6’1” Circle One

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2007-04-13

PM

Thanks,
I will try it again today using the stopper for leverage.. with th e kite loaded up it was tough, stopper should help..
Front rolls- great idea!

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2006-01-09

PM

I also am finding the same issue, now that I am learning back-rolls. My solution?............do equal numbers of back-rolls in both directions. Other option…...... down-loop your kite the opposite direction to the twist.

Signature

Is It Windy Yet?

Total Posts: 41

Joined 2006-05-23

PM

Giving the front spectra line a good smack with the hand usually unwinds my lines.  A couple smacks and you’re golden.