UK OR get together / Demo Day

Total Posts: 446

Joined 2006-10-24

PM

Howdy All

September 27th / 28th 2008

A mate of mine has started planning a weekender up at my local beach for those that pimp their VW vans. To back that up he’s also arranged for a good weekends kiting on what I think is one of the best UK beaches. (no local bias there!!  :shock: )

Anyhow he’s asked me to see if OR want to be involved.

At the very least I’m thinking :idea: this is a damn good opportunity to get the Crew together.

If things take off a little then we can think about adding other stuff.

So far the local council are on board.
BKSA have been informed are supportive (Clashes with one of their events though)
Campsite next to the beach is up for it with special rates to be agreed.

More info here:
http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13581

All those interested answer the pole so we can keep an idea on numbers, keep the campsite and council up to speed.

Signature

The only kiter in the Village

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2006-07-15

PM

Yep,

If numbers get above a certain point we will be needing some demo equipment from OR along with a few beach flags! Lets make it an OR mini event!

This can be my 30-40kt huge swell Nitinat without the bears!

Plus my van looks like a micro machine transporter so it should fit in.

Ben

Signature

http://www.oceanrodeokites.co.uk

RIPPING UP THE OCEAN RODEO GEAR IN THE UK!!!!

Joined 2006-10-24

PM

tell you what Ben I bet your van draws more attention the almost everyone else’s put together.

I’m sure Richard will post here but I know he’s thinking hard about coming. (cheers for the email Richard) Some interesting business commitments might clash but I hope not. (its got nothing to do with emulsion, and German ladies either!  :shock: ).

Signature

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2007-11-20

PM

Sounds good, apart from going that far North LOL  Once my nose pokes out the towards the end of summer, I’ll know for sure.

Signature

14m Rise ‘07, 12m Razor ‘12, 10m Razor ‘10, 8m Razor ‘11, 6m Razor ‘11
129 Zen ‘09, 150 Mako ‘09, 159 Spleene Door, 6’1” Circle One

Total Posts: 466

Joined 2006-06-15

PM

Dave stop being such a woosssss If I can go I will take you there so no excuse.
What emulsion and the odd Fraulein now you speaking my language.
Did any one here the latest survey from ?Researchers? that a few drinks stops Rheumatoid Arthritis so my knackered knees are because I did not drink enough and not because my belly is to big because I drank to much!
Now Black Rock sand Is a smashing place and I have spent many a holiday up there so has a special memory for me . There is one thing to take into consideration The human body is a means of turning best bitter into Welsh ale. Another tip is to buy the wellies with straps on the outside saves the shins don?t you know. No stereotypes here then.

Total Posts: 571

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Hi noo noo
As per the e-mail I will try and make it. September is a long way off and I have still to earn many browny points after being allowed 12 days in Canada…..
A bit of sheep shanking in deep darkest North Wales does sound a tad appealing I must admit. I shall add a pair of wellie boots to my shopping list.
Is it hilly behind the beach or better still are there any cliffs? I hear if you take one there they push back better….Ooohhh I love it when you moan like that raspberry

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Joined 2006-10-24

PM

SHEEP DONT SURF
:shock:

“I love the smell of a holiday home in the morning”

The asylum is far more welcoming these days. Someone realised that tourists have money.

fear not “R_Andy”  :wink: there are plenty of “leisure centres” in the vicinity complete with suitable platforms of varying levels of difficulty including the grand daddy of them all - Snowdon, for those who prefer slopes and altititude.

Signature

Joined 2006-07-15

PM

Ok! 5 posts and its already got weird!

Signature

Total Posts: 315

Joined 2006-04-02

PM

A little off topic what’s the price of petrol in UK we are paying $1.33 litre and diesel is $1.50 litre.  What kind of mileage do get with your vehicles, I think we pay less then in UK but I still feel like we are being scr*(&.  :evil:

Jason

Signature

Kiting is great can’t wait to retire so I can do it full time.  Bring on the wind.

Total Posts: 466

Joined 2006-06-15

PM

Why do you have to spoil a good day talking about   liquid gold $2.53 per liter
most cars can get 40mp imperial gallon My van is 35 on a good day the wifes mid size car is close to 50 mpg some small cars will do more

Now no more as I have just spent $180 filling up

Total Posts: 315

Joined 2006-04-02

PM

Sorry, was just venting I guess I should stop complaining and by a hybrid or something, I guess I should only put $25 in everytime so it’ll only cost $25. 

Any wind over there, been craps east coast of canada over a week no good winds.  Just put my new pads on Mako wide looking forward to using them seemed super comfy on the ground to other ones killed my feet.

Jason

Signature

Kiting is great can’t wait to retire so I can do it full time.  Bring on the wind.

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Not a lot of wind on the south coast the last few days. There was a decent sea breeze yesterday but I was stuck at work. More of the same forecast for today so I have all my gear with me.

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Joined 2006-10-24

PM

[quote author=“andy”]Not a lot of wind on the south coast the last few days. There was a decent sea breeze yesterday but I was stuck at work. More of the same forecast for today so I have all my gear with me.

Lucky for some. I’m getting twitchy, bordering on moody and even becoming attracted to DIY. For someone who has no real browny points to earn I find this behaviour most strange.

I’ll hoover the sand out of the car next. At least the weight saving should give me another 5 miles per gallon…..........................

Back on topic 3 definates (inc. me :cry: ) and 2 possibles.

Good stuff

Signature

Joined 2006-07-15

PM

I honestly couldnt have picked a better time to take a month off with a bad back and hip, after my third osteopath appt and help from Lester I am finally feeling a little like I used to!

2 weeks from now I should be in Greece punishing my two new Rise Venturis!

Guys, Lets put a list of guys hoping to make it to Wales for a sneaky autumn session, if its anything like that time last year it will be 6m’s on short lines all round I think!! sorry, I hope!

This can be the poor mans Nitinat event!

Ben

Signature

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

I will definately be a poor man after I’m back from Nitinat but I hope to make the trip to North Wales work permitting.

Are you now a converted man Ben? Rise’s as opposed to Diablo’s?

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Joined 2006-07-15

PM

Ask me when I have a few hours on them, so far all i have to go by is an overpowered 30mins on a 10m rise!

Signature