wind range
Posted: 28 May 2008 07:06 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-05-28

can anyone help me find an accurate wind range for a new 12m rise as this will be my next purcase to compliment my 9m one . many thanks a happy kiter x x

Posted: 28 May 2008 04:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  265
Joined  2006-09-04

whats your weight
whats are the conditions of your local riding beach and water
what size of board do you ride
are you a novice,  int or advanced rider

example

im an intermediate rider that weighs 200 lbs i ride a 135 x 43 zen and my local beach or area (spit) i ride is next to a river 3 knots and the wind is a thermal wind.
20 to 26 mph winds i ride a 12m most of the time but some times if the wind is greater then 23 to 28 im on a 8m

But for the most part th 12m nice lofty jumps and the rise has incredible depower

Signature 

I love to Kiteboard

Posted: 28 May 2008 05:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Guru
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  626
Joined  2006-03-24

I too am the proud owner of a 12m venturi Rise, am about 199 1/2lbs and I think as soon as it starts to cap’n good, you can ride the 12…about 16 knots.
I haven’t found the upper end yet, but it easily will take you up to the upper 20’s with gi-normus amounts of gut wrenching power, scarey hang time and smooth forgiving glide. Its a very special size, fast turning but with the massive grunt of the big sizes.
You are in for a treat!:D

That is a fantastic photo of the spit Mossman,
really puts the angle of the wind flow into perspective, and now I can fully realize why you guys have a rescue service on hand…gnarely! :twisted:

Posted: 28 May 2008 06:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  265
Joined  2006-09-04

looking at this photo the wind would be in your face..  Cold air from the ocean going up the valley river on the right Squamish on the left and the tiny white line near the river is the spit.

Signature 

I love to Kiteboard