Crew! Join Us This August at Nitinat Lake!

Total Posts: 1246

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

It might only be May but the office staff can’t wait for August!

That’s right, the 2nd annual Nitinat Lake Crew Event is a go for this summer. The offical dates for Windfest are August 16th/17th but we are hoping to convince as many of you as possible to come to the Island on the 13th or earlier and head up to the lake with us early in order to get a chance to demo all the new 09 gear.

For those of you new to the idea Windfest is a super fun kite fest full of races, freestyle competitions, bonfires, beach parties (if you wish) and excellent local foods (salmon, crab, hot cakes, mmmm). Ocean Rodeo uses each year’s windfest as a way to kick off the new season’s gear launch and to bring together as many of our Crew of riders as possible.

Further details will be released later and official requests for your commitment will be needed in order to get the event clothing organized and camping numbers taken care of but for now start putting in the over time hours and look to set aside as much of that week as possible to join us here on the island and meet your fellow riders.

Out of town folk will want to look to fly to Victoria International (YYJ). Those coming overseas will likely need to fly into Vancouver (YVR), Seattle (SEA) or Calgary (YYC) first and then take a connector over to the island. People planning on driving over can come via Vancouver with BC Ferries, Port Angeles Washington on the Coho or Anacortes with Washington State Ferries. Of course, there is also the float planes in and out of the island too!

John Z - Ocean Rodeo Crew circa ‘04

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 265

Joined 2006-09-04

PM

I’m in - cant wait

Signature

I love to Kiteboard

Total Posts: 89

Joined 2007-01-05

PM

I’ve got $50 on Erin…is it Doepker now?...winning the women’s and the men’s freestyle.

Taking Jeremie “The Wet Worm” Tronet down in the finals.

Yee Haw !!!!!

Ben Vine…I’ve got a beauty of a hat picked out for you.

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

You couldn’t keep me away dude, I’m so in!

Total Posts: 466

Joined 2006-06-15

PM

So far my team rider Danny and myself are coming from the UK
I will sit in the corner of the camp site taking bets on who can beat Danny on dinking, fornicating and generally making a complete ass of oneself.
A word of warning to any Scottish visitors please don?t wear a kilt otherwise both you and Danny will have a big surprise.

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

We’ve been wearing kilts for years now in Seattle,
should I leave mine at home?

Joined 2006-06-15

PM

Depends on how wide a stance you wish to walk with.

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

Ahhh…after doing a little research, I have come to the conclusion that we have not been wearing these kilts correctly.

(Especially if its gonna be windy)>

I think I’m gonna leave mine at home.
(Especially if its gonna be windy)

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2006-07-15

PM

All things going to plan I am in, a late birthday present to myself.

Rich, where have you been looking for flights? I found a site called canadian affair thats pretty cheap.
Normal flight prices are about the price of a full new quiver!

Keep us posted mate, your flying from Gatwick/Heathrow I take it?

I dont wear a kilt, but I look great in a skirt! Although im not sure I would be entirely safe!

Jere, get on it!

Ben

Signature

http://www.oceanrodeokites.co.uk

RIPPING UP THE OCEAN RODEO GEAR IN THE UK!!!!

Joined 2006-06-15

PM

Best price so far £530 north west (worst) LHR YVR leave thursday 7 home monday 18th Leave on Friday the 8 costs a lot more
In the past I have had nothing but trouble with NW airlines so am looking to pay a little more to fly with someone else.
Alaska looks good at the moment.
KLM is NW

Total Posts: 434

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

Stoked, can’t get wait.

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Hyperflex Wetsuits, US Sales

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2007-11-20

PM

Would love to be there, especially having read about the place.  All my leave is booked up for this year though.  Gutted.

Signature

14m Rise ‘07, 12m Razor ‘12, 10m Razor ‘10, 8m Razor ‘11, 6m Razor ‘11
129 Zen ‘09, 150 Mako ‘09, 159 Spleene Door, 6’1” Circle One

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2007-09-24

PM

Which is faster / better road - driving from Comox or Victoria?

Hoping to make it out - I think there’s a few of us from the prairies doing the trip!!  Just wondering which airport to fly into…
:D
Cheers,
Ryan

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2006-01-20

PM

KLM is alligned with NW, but fine. I’ve flown them a few times and have had nothing but good experirences with them. I have also flown Alaska several times and found them to be a good alternative.

Signature

Its all about the adventure and stoke!

Total Posts: 571

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

:D :D :D Yippee…... I’m coming! Just booked my flight :!:  :D :D :D

Now all I have to do is work some overtime so that I can afford to pay for it and all the 2009 gear LOL

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2006-07-15

PM

Andy, please send me the details of your flight, who with, webshite, cost etc etc.

Signature

http://www.oceanrodeokites.co.uk

RIPPING UP THE OCEAN RODEO GEAR IN THE UK!!!!