Drysuit Size?

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2008-05-08

PM

I havea a chance of picking up a new Pyro Pro for a great price. I should take a Large (Im 5’10) but its a Large Tall. Is there going to be a problem with having a little more leg than I should have? It seems like the only real difference between the two is the length. I use a seat harness also.

Total Posts: 265

Joined 2006-11-15

PM

Try it on first. If it is to baggy it won’t be nice and causing a lot of drag in the water. I would rather pay a bit more than for a proper size suit.

Total Posts: 97

Joined 2007-10-02

PM

I’m 6’1 and only 165. I have the XL which fits me length wise but is pretty baggy in the mid section. I have no problems at all with it being baggy. The suit just works great. I just have to let out the extra air when I first get into the water and I am good to go. So I would say save the $$ and get into an awesome suit.

Total Posts: 1246

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

I was going to say, depending on your weight if you are 5’10” you might be happier with a MT…. (I am 6’ but only 170lbs and wear an MT)

JZ

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 315

Joined 2006-04-02

PM

Mine was too long got it hemmed works perfect.  They copied the same stitching as the original.

Jason

Signature

Kiting is great can’t wait to retire so I can do it full time.  Bring on the wind.

Total Posts: 1246

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

[quote author=“000044105”]Mine was too long got it hemmed works perfect.  They copied the same stitching as the original.

It should be pointed out that what Jason is talking about is the ankle over cuffs which have no affect on the dry nature of the suit. They prevent shore wash from dumping debris into your boots and can be hemmed without affecting the waterproof nature of the suit.

JZ

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Joined 2006-11-15

PM

Too baggy will be a problem for board recovery when you kite at spots with a lot of current.

If you kite @ spots without current it should be less of a problem.

What is your weight?

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2008-05-08

PM

I tried one on in the past and it was a Large. It fit perfectly. The Large Tall will not be a perfect size for me but its $400 and never used. Im glad to know that you can have the cuff sewn. ...btw.. I’m about 165lbs without gear with 36waist, 37hips and 29 or 30 inseam.

Joined 2006-11-15

PM

Given your weight, length and measurements I agree with John that the best size for you is definitely a MT! (from experience)

The LT will work of course but not ideal.

One of the big advantages of the pyro pro is that you don’t need a baggy suit to have flexibility! Therefore if you want to save some $$ I would definitely go for a Pyro Lite in the Right size. This is going to bring you much more joy bro!

Total Posts: 315

Joined 2006-04-02

PM

Thanks for the clarification John Z.

Jason

Signature

Kiting is great can’t wait to retire so I can do it full time.  Bring on the wind.

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2007-10-30

PM

I’m 5,11 and 175-180 and went with the L.

Tons of room.  I would probably go with the Mt if I had the choice over again.

The suit fits great length wise, but has a bunch of extra in the mid section.  I dont think I get any advantage to the “captive suspension” at my waist size (32) and the large suit.

Going by the chart I’m a Large.

Joined 2006-11-15

PM

70% of the people will be best according to the graph. However if you cannot try the suit on….—> no problem but just ask an expert/dealer. I deviate from the sizing table about 3 to 4 out of 10 times for customers ensuring they have the best fitting suit! All info a guy like me or OR needs are length, weight and posture (if one has a little belly or extra long arms or whatever.)

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2008-05-13

PM

Hey wouter. 

I’ve been searching around for a used Pyro Pro myself and thought that L or LT would be my only option.  According to the comments on this thread I may be able to squeeze into an MT.  I’m 5’9” and 180lbs soon to be 170ish now that the mountain bike season is back.  smile 

Your advice would be appreciated.

Joined 2006-11-15

PM

Hi Trebliggg,

5,9 and around 170 LBS? MT should be a good schoice mate!

Bike up that hill!

Regards,

Wouter

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2008-05-13

PM

Thanks!