Total Posts:  14
Joined  2007-04-16

wow I thought waiting since May 1st was a long time :shock:

Posted: 26 May 2008 09:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1246
Joined  2006-01-10

Tele - Gonna have to say that you might be getting told some 1/2 truths? We have been scrambling - just scrambling - to keep up with the demand for the Mako Wide. We only this past week got our latest shipment of the boards in so there is no way it could have been shipped earlier. The only thought I have is that Lars was told the boards were on route to us? Once we receive them we need then turn them around to you.

Anyway, the good news is this: 1) boards are in stock (as are the new pads and straps for the upgrade crew). 2) Your board has shipped (I am on the road but know we did a European shipment on Friday) and 3) (for the rest of you) We have a ton more of the boards arriving next week so all back orders will be taken care of with the shipment we just got and we will actually have some extras too!

JZ

Signature 

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Posted: 27 May 2008 12:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2007-07-28

[quote author=“Johnz”]Tele - Gonna have to say that you might be getting told some 1/2 truths? We have been scrambling - just scrambling - to keep up with the demand for the Mako Wide. We only this past week got our latest shipment of the boards in so there is no way it could have been shipped earlier. The only thought I have is that Lars was told the boards were on route to us? Once we receive them we need then turn them around to you.

Anyway, the good news is this: 1) boards are in stock (as are the new pads and straps for the upgrade crew). 2) Your board has shipped (I am on the road but know we did a European shipment on Friday) and 3) (for the rest of you) We have a ton more of the boards arriving next week so all back orders will be taken care of with the shipment we just got and we will actually have some extras too!

JZ

Well maybe there is some mixup then to what-is-shipped-to-where. It could possibly be that I told him I wanted it with the new pads. He most def said that if i would seetle with the old pads I could get the board almost within a few days but with the new pads it would be some 2 weeks delivery time, but even so it should have been here two weeks ago. Well, what the heck, I been waiting until now so one week more will not make much difference.

It realy would have been nice though to have the board by the weekend. Will be tough i recon :( . My mom is paying a rare visit (she lives 500 km away) and you guys with a 11 month toddler knows that is a nice opportunity to get in some unlimited play raspberry and the missus is realy fast to snipe the Mako std from me 8).

/Urban.

Posted: 30 May 2008 03:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-10

Yeah man, I am really sorry you’ve been waiting so long. The board is sweet though and I am sure you’ll love it when you have it!

JZ

Signature 

John A. Zimmerman
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Posted: 30 May 2008 03:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2007-07-28

Just some update, i have a shipping nr, the bord is now in Denmark and well on its way. Will be here in the middle of next week :D :D

I´m droooling all over the place right now just eeeager to put my grubby hands on it. O boy if I could just skip a few days into the future, now, who is that Michael J Fox guy. Maybe he could teach me some magic time travel stuff   :wink:

/Urban.

Posted: 30 May 2008 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  315
Joined  2006-04-02

Apparently my lux pads are in, but there was mix up and I didn’t get the straps yet, how do I put the old straps on with the new pads, may make sence when I see it but I tought the new straps had a special attachment.

Jason

Signature 

Kiting is great can’t wait to retire so I can do it full time.  Bring on the wind.

Posted: 30 May 2008 11:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  112
Joined  2006-05-30

new padz

I got my new pads last week and have been on them once - very nice !

Had boots on, can’t wait to try them bare-foot.

Signature 

Comox Kite Repair
http://www.comoxkiterepair.ca

Posted: 31 May 2008 10:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  265
Joined  2006-09-04

mako surf

Signature 

I love to Kiteboard

Posted: 02 June 2008 11:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-10

[quote author=“000044105”]Apparently my lux pads are in, but there was mix up and I didn’t get the straps yet, how do I put the old straps on with the new pads, may make sence when I see it but I tought the new straps had a special attachment.

Jason

We can sell you the new straps too but your existing straps work just fine, the only difference between the 2 is the new 90° plastic piece which makes them easier to bolt onto the boards.

JZ

Signature 

John A. Zimmerman
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Posted: 03 June 2008 11:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2008-02-06

screws for the straps

I just got my new mako wide , I try to fix the pads and straps on but it looks like the screws provided are short. There is only one thread that can make it through.

Posted: 03 June 2008 01:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2007-04-16

If I were to buy some brass screws to use what size would work in the mako wide inserts?

Posted: 03 June 2008 02:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-11-15

Stop posting untill me and my Dutch fellows have our mako wides in our hands!  :evil: Winds suck for weeks already…. makes us impatient, grumpy and slightly aggresive :evil:  :evil:

Posted: 03 June 2008 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-06

screws for the pads and straps

I finally managed to fix my straps , you need to put much pressure to squeeze the foam ,  I was doing the work on a table and could’nt put the pressure required. I shaved the tip of the melted webbing to make it flush with the pad but maybe it wasn`t necessary.

So kiter 86 you will not need screws unless you’ve lost yours , at this point I could dismount one of mine and give you the size , All I know they are metric.

Posted: 03 June 2008 03:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-06

Hey Wouter , I don’t want to tease you but the board look awsome.
If it can help , there is no wind in the forecast for the next 3 days here….. :wink:

Posted: 04 June 2008 10:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-11-15

@earlybird….... *$#&*^#@%&@#%$@#&%#@  :x

2 of 4

‹‹ 41.7 mph on Rise      Pyro zipper failure ››