Please upgrade the chicken loop

Total Posts: 265

Joined 2006-11-15

PM

I agree totally for the Chickenloop!!

except voor the release system. it is stupid easy and works every time. Rather have it simple and effective. I ‘ve seen several funky looking systems that don’t work that good after some use.

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2007-10-03

PM

I agree, the center line swivel does not work. What is up with that ?

Total Posts: 75

Joined 2007-04-23

PM

agree that there should be a swivel cleat for de-power. also occasionally have trouble getting depower cord out of the cleat. my girlfriend definately can’t work the thing. when you need it in a pinch (big gust) it can be a pain to depower. don’t know if there is anyway to make it easier to use?

Total Posts: 265

Joined 2006-09-04

PM

I really dont know about all of this fix that, fix this all of my gear works 100% all of the time
My swivel works fine if it is wound a bit i just smack the lines with my hand and it spins the lines fine.
The clam cleat is fine too pull down and out with force but that much force.

I dont get it - it all works for me - that being said i do check my gear, use teflon on the swivel and check to see if any sand has gotten into the clam cleat….clean before and after each session. rinse with water.

Signature

I love to Kiteboard

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2007-10-30

PM

I think the goal should be improvement.

Two line kites work.  Heck last years kites work, but this years are better.

Gear should not stop evolving just because it works.  The point is that it can work better!

I definitely find a functional impairment with the chicken loop itself (not the release) and just think that both the loop and release could evolve into something better.

Total Posts: 446

Joined 2006-10-24

PM

[quote author=“Brent4336”]I think the goal should be improvement.

Cant fault that philosophy and I think OR certainly follow it too.

Chances are something good will come of it. S’pose it’s one of the good points of this forum.

I’ve also got to agree with Mossman. If you dont maintain your kit your asking for trouble.

Signature

The only kiter in the Village

Joined 2006-10-24

PM

While we’re talking about improvements there is a small issue of trimming the cleat on the SLE bar in particular when on the move. It’s position makes it a little awkward. I manage but some may struggle.

Would it be easier if you were able to pull the trim rope away from you? that would mean having the cleat the other way round and some additional rigging to get the rope to it.

Just another mad thought rolleyes

Signature

Total Posts: 349

Joined 2007-01-03

PM

im all for leaving it as it is? i cant see anything wrong with it apart from it being too ‘floppy’ hooking back in sometimes, i think it could do with something a bit like on the naish ones where the loops locked in place when unhooked. but the trims all you need and why complicate the release when it works so well already, it realeses easily but only when you want it to, so whats to change?

Signature

Tech Rep, Southern UK.

8,12 Diablo
10m rise
zen 129x39
LF Mission with Ronix Scouts
custom wakeskate
Strapless 5"ll

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

8)

Geez, I take 4 days to get on top of other stuff and you guys are hard at work re-designing our gear!!

smile

We have a brand new chicken loop designed and awaiting approval. It is my hope to see this chicken loop available by the early summer. Its design is similar to the existing design and includes:

- the exact same cuff style safety release. This release is never under load and is accessible from both sides of the bar with either hand.
- A new leash attachment point on the opposit side of the trim line to keep the trim line free of tangles when adjusting the kite’s AoA.
- A plastic moulded body that allows the cleat to be properly bolted in place.
- Replaceable loops, both for maintenance and for options as to the loop size riders wish to use.
- Ability to remove lock in tube for easier hook in - hook out.

As I mentioned, I hope to see this CL available in the early summer and - yes - we will make it available as a low cost upgrade to your existing 2007 and 2008 bar set-ups.

John Z - Keeping you informed and on the ball for the last 4 years.

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 349

Joined 2007-01-03

PM

we’re here to make your job difficult john raspberry

nothing wrong with persuing perfection! and i think its great the riders do actually have some input into the kit, or at least the guys in charge read our suggestions….

Signature

Tech Rep, Southern UK.

8,12 Diablo
10m rise
zen 129x39
LF Mission with Ronix Scouts
custom wakeskate
Strapless 5"ll

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

[quote author=“harry.allerston”]we’re here to make your job difficult john raspberry

nothing wrong with persuing perfection! and i think its great the riders do actually have some input into the kit, or at least the guys in charge read our suggestions….

I ca assure you that everyone in the office reads the forum regularly and we all take direction from the suggestions the Crew makes. It has been one of the best aspects of having the forum!

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2007-10-30

PM

Saweet.

Joined 2006-10-24

PM

[quote author=“harry.allerston”]we’re here to make your job difficult john raspberry

Ditto that.

I’m not aware of it happening anywhere else and most importantly people listening 8)

Just keeping the pressure on JZ :twisted:  :D :wink:

Signature

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

I suppose, for me, it is one of the nicest aspects of working for this company. I go to demo days, read the forum or show up to kite and people make suggestions or comments. I internalize these comments and bring them to our design team and they love hearing them, take interest in what the people want and lend their own thoughts to other considerations we should bear in mind when working on the equipment.

There is really no better experience than being able to point out to a customer that we listened to them and included their ideas or concerns in our design process.

JZ

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Joined 2006-10-24

PM

[quote author=“Johnz”]I suppose, for me, it is one of the nicest aspects of working for this company. I go to demo days, read the forum or show up to kite and people make suggestions or comments. I internalize these comments and bring them to our design team and they love hearing them, take interest in what the people want and lend their own thoughts to other considerations we should bear in mind when working on the equipment.

There is really no better experience than being able to point out to a customer that we listened to them and included their ideas or concerns in our design process.

JZ

8)  8) Dream job - that’s what that is.  8)  8)

I wish, I wish, I wish

keep going guys

Signature