2008/09 Sessions Harness?

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2008-04-15

PM

I’m thinking about getting the Sessions harness to replace my old Dakine Pyro because it rides up.

But I’m wondering if there is a newer version of the Sessions coming out since it sounds like it is a couple years old and may be do for re-release?

Also has anyone tried the shorts and would you recommend them?

Thanks

- Dave

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2007-09-22

PM

hi
I have the session from 2006 but I’m not 100% satisfied with it. I have size M and weight about 70kg and are 1,75m. Maybe it’s to big for me but I got scrubs from it everytime parts of the harness comes against my skin. If you don’t have the legstraps (I don’t use them in water) the harness will travel up to the chest and I think that the reason is that it’s so hard that it can’t fit tight to the body.

If you shall use it in water without a wetsuit I recommend you to try it before you buy one.

regards
henrik

Total Posts: 315

Joined 2006-04-02

PM

Use the leg straps in the water too, don’t matter what waist harness you have they all seem to ride up, I use leg straps and the harness sits great, still mobile as the leg straps are connected to a bungy cord, best harness I have ever used windsurfing or kiting.

Jason

Signature

Kiting is great can’t wait to retire so I can do it full time.  Bring on the wind.

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2007-10-30

PM

Having to use the leg straps on warm summer days is no solution.  The whole point of a waist harness is easy on and go.  The leg straps are great for when you have to don the drysuit. 

Plenty of good waist harnesses don’t ride up.

Owned the session and had to let it go.  The build is great, but the chafe left be with bloody wounds from the seam on the inside rubbing while riding toe side.  The strap needing to be threaded through the buckle is also slow and cumbersome.

My suggestions:

Get rid of the chafe seams/materials, Beef it up and add a proper lumbar pad so you don’t “require” leg straps for proper support and positioning.  The Dakine pyro is a decent benchmark to shoot for.

Go with some sort of power clip or plate through plate design at the main buckle for easy on/off.

Your onto something with the optional leg straps and how you configured them.  The harness itself is bomber but lacks support on its own, chafes like a bitch (I still have a scar) and the buckle is just slow compared to what it could be.

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2006-01-18

PM

only way to stop a waist harness riding up is to keep the kite low!!!!!

Signature

Ocean Rodeo Rep Ireland

Joined 2007-10-30

PM

[quote author=“Brian”]only way to stop a waist harness riding up is to keep the kite low!!!!!

true dat!

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2007-10-20

PM

“All waist harness ride up” This is bullshit… The 08 Mystic I have doesnt ride up what so ever stays put. Just do both side straps up tight, and bottom strap which goes thoiugh the spreader bar up tight also, Love it!

Total Posts: 571

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

I’m 31” waist and own the small Session. Best harness I have ever owned. Comfortable and no back ache. Never really notice it riding up much and I only ever use it as a waist.

Wear it over rashy, wetsuit or drysuit and it fits fine in all scenarios. True I’ve sufferred some skin abrasion when worn next to skin but tend to wear a rashy or summer wetsuit vest in the warmer conditions anyway so not really a problem for me.

On the whole very pleased with the harness and wouldn’t hesitate in recommending it :D

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

I find that if I put my harness on above my hips, at my waist, and really do it up tight I avoid having it ride up at all because I have already got it on the most narrow part of my body.

Now, that might be beause I am just so damn good looking… but you can’t hate me for that.

JZ

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 108

Joined 2007-01-24

PM

Wait…so because my harness rides up every once in awhile I am not good looking? Or maybe just not as good looking as JZ? I think his flowing curls keep the harness in place and the girls restless..

Joined 2007-10-30

PM

What if I’m more of…... a pear shape.

Total Posts: 571

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

LOL  LOL  LOL It’ll end up around your neck :!:

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Motto for the summer:

“The girls love the curls”

:twisted:

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2008-05-01

PM

session harness

heard that the session harness tends to fall apart after 6-9 months of riding. specifically, the main attachment point for the spreader bar gets torn out. any comments on that?

Total Posts: 108

Joined 2007-01-24

PM

I haven’t heard that. In fact, I have only heard the opposite from people on how well their’s hold up.

David

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2006-07-15

PM

[quote author=“Dave”]I haven’t heard that. In fact, I have only heard the opposite from people on how well their’s hold up.

David

Me too, I have used Mystic harnesses in the past and they are well known for wearing out after a season, my session is showing zero wear after a heavy 6 months of uk winters use!

Signature

http://www.oceanrodeokites.co.uk

RIPPING UP THE OCEAN RODEO GEAR IN THE UK!!!!