Mako Wide in the UK?

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2008-04-08

PM

Lo All,

After speaking with John Z via email he suggest I ask if there are any of the UK crew with a Mako Wide.

I think this board could be the danglies in the conditions I get at Troon, but really want to try one first.

So does anyone have one and will they be at Barrow or Balmedie rounds of the BKSA comps this year?

Total Posts: 571

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

s29feb

I agree with your comments on the conditions here at times. I sympathise with you as I’m thinking I’d like to try one too :(

andy

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Joined 2008-04-08

PM

Yeah I almost bought one ont he back of the reviews - but my senisble head has since stepped in and I need to try one first as the Shinn Pro I have is already a great alrounder….. but considering the switch to wave(y) type board and TT so :?:

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2006-07-15

PM

s29feb

I agree with you about the Mako wide ofr UK conditions, I dont personally knwo of anyone with one in the UK yet though however. Please drop an email to Richard Thompson on .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

If anyone in the UK is going to have one it would be him as I know he loved the original mako. If not he may be able to get a demo for you at some point!

OR are in the process of stocking out a European warehouse that will be fully stocked thus allowing OR gear to be available on a few day turnaround!

Hope this helps mate, if not let us know and I will have a word with the man upstairs.

Ben Vine

Signature

http://www.oceanrodeokites.co.uk

RIPPING UP THE OCEAN RODEO GEAR IN THE UK!!!!

Total Posts: 466

Joined 2006-06-15

PM

I don’t actualy have the wide but have both the 150 and 134 mako’s as demo boards. I could easly send one up to you .
It may also be worth trying Iain at Twist and turn as he is Scotland based.
I will be a way for a week now testing the new kit in some big waves with constant wind and beautifull women lining the beach.
Must rush the pigs need feeding
Richard

Joined 2008-04-08

PM

I can’t get hold of Iain as I was going to buy one off him but emails keep bouncing back and website is down so?

Really want to try the Wide - if you get a demo of one let me know please?

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2006-07-15

PM

[quote author=“s29feb”]I can’t get hold of Iain as I was going to buy one off him but emails keep bouncing back and website is down so?

Really want to try the Wide - if you get a demo of one let me know please?

Dude, I spoke with John Z on the phone last night he said he emailed you, if you havent received one (check your trash too) email him on .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) he seemed happy to hook you up.

Ben

Signature

http://www.oceanrodeokites.co.uk

RIPPING UP THE OCEAN RODEO GEAR IN THE UK!!!!

Joined 2008-04-08

PM

Yeah got the email but I ordered an Airush X-pact yesterday so will take me a month or two to get the fun funds together then I’ll be trying one of these out for sure 8)

Total Posts: 53

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

Hey s29feb,

I’ve had a few issues recently with my web server which appear to have been resolved.

I’m seriously thinking about adding a Mako Wide to my current Mako Pro so drop me a line and I’ll let you know if and when it arrives.

I should be around most weekends for a demo down at Gullane or over at Troon if the condition rule out our side.

Cheers,

Iain

Total Posts: 53

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

You’ve tipped the balance, the Mako Wide is ordered!

Watch this space!

Iain