West Sahara kite trip, Ocean Rodeo crew Canary Islands

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2007-12-22

PM

Hope you guys like it! amazing spots,no people, good whether and Sahara people rules!!

Regards! :twisted:

Joined 2007-12-22

PM

some more.The last ones are form the surf and kite club these guys have set up in an old spanish military castle, wicked!

un saludo

Total Posts: 124

Joined 2007-03-19

PM

Dare I say coolest kite spot ever?

Total Posts: 89

Joined 2007-01-05

PM

Ned…you dare and I’d say you’re probably right.

Great photos…take me with you next time.

Joined 2007-12-22

PM

YEs it is the coolest my friends…and still we are the few ones to have been riding there.. :shock:

Total Posts: 315

Joined 2006-04-02

PM

I wonder how much it would cost to set up a kite school there with some lodging, wonder what the logistic would be like, would be a good opportunity, is it windy there all the time.

Jason

Signature

Kiting is great can’t wait to retire so I can do it full time.  Bring on the wind.

Joined 2007-03-19

PM

Site of next OR Crew Event…?

Camels and 3 weeks water supply not included…

Man that looks awesome though…. I didn’t say it before, and probably didn’t need to, but seriously, GREAT shots.

PS Kevin I’ll provide the tent and beer if I can get in on the deal.

Joined 2007-12-22

PM

thanks guys for the comments!i will tell my girl you guys liked the pics,she will be proud.
Ok I will tell you guys some more about this place.
First to say, there is a “kite school” already there, but its very basic.Everyth8ng they have is becouse we and some other people have provided them .
The easiest way to get there from the canary islands is by ferry,although you can probably fly to morroco and drive south or north depending on the airport you get to.
Ther arent many places to stay there though, but i knoe there is at least a guy who rents his house.The food is stupidy cheap, and there are petrol stations.
Anyway if you look for a little more developed aerea,like having a copuple of hotels or so, you can always go to Dakhla.I will post some pictures now and you will freak aswell.
Dakhla has got an airport so can fly from Rabat or from Gran Canaria.Flat water on one side,waves on the other;check on the google earth and you will see all the info and stuff

DAKHLA:

regards :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

Joined 2007-03-19

PM

Oh my…

I think this is going to have to move from the “That would be nice” category to the “I have to do this” one.  Truly amazing place.

Joined 2007-12-22

PM

:D just let me know and I would give you any advise you need

regards

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Yeah, holy smolie, I’d love to go there…that looks beautiful.

(He says from La Ventana Mexico…)

Click here to see more photos from our demo trip to Mexico…

JZ

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc