OR gear at Canary Islands-Spain

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2007-12-22

PM

Hello to all!
First of all sorry if my english is not up to standar rolleyes
We have finally gotten the new 2008 gear here and i wanted to share the experience with you guys.
Since we have 20ºC winters I am afraid we dont use the pyro surf
:wink: 
Well the Zen is awesome; I thought that been so thin it wouldnt ride that well in chop but it just glides through it and the cut is just great.
We have tryied the 12m Rise and the 8m.
First feeling with the 12 is the turning speed.It moves so fast comparing with other brands,I just cant wait to try it on waves.Its funny cuz i got so “only C kites” guys to try the 12m yesterday and when they got out of the water were like, “hey man you sure this is bow?I think this is hybrid kite na?So much power” and like that.I think it´sgot the best from both types of kites.

The Harness is great,really confortable.I can say I was used to the mystic harness and was I bit exceptical with the change,but once i got into water i forgot about the harness.Its lighter and softer for the ribs.
I would improve a couple of things like setting a clamp on one of the sides to attach the bar, wich makes it easyer to attach(rather that strap it on both sides)but the handle pass cable and the release are just superb.

Cant wait for the Diablo 2008, I think its going to be a blast here.

In two days we are going on a trip to morocco.We will give the material the real test there,ant get some nice pictures i will post here if you guys like.

Regards!

Total Posts: 152

Joined 2007-06-26

PM

Super a dealer at the canary island.
Would be nice to visit your island some time.
I know al about fuerte but i though the canary islands were for windsurfers only,
good to know there is an OR crew on the island.
what did you think of the 8

cheers barry

Signature

on fire

Total Posts: 1246

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Stoked to have you on board Canarias! I look forward to seeing the photos.

You’ll find over time the harness strap breaks in and is quite easy to put on and off as a result. We decided to go with that strap system to avoid any possible release of the bar when jumping.

JZ

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2007-12-22

PM

Thanks for the ingo JZ,
we were guessing why you guys decided to design it that way and we all thougt there had to be a good reason.I used to ride qith the mystic warrior and a couple of times had to release everything because the clamp didnt work right .Not nice at all…

BArry, fuerte is the best ISland bur if you want to ride all year long Gran Canaria is the place.In winter we ride 5 out of 7 days,20 to 40 kts ,waves or flat…should I say more…?

I just published the photos of the morocco trip we just came back from,hope you guys like it!

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2007-02-20

PM

LOL  LOL  LOL , nice pic from marroco, but next time you go, call me and will do better pic for your report LOL  LOL

Total Posts: 152

Joined 2007-06-26

PM

this sounds good maybe next year we will visit you guys

Signature

on fire