Rise 4…. Holy S$%^

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2007-07-11

PM

Sunday…

We head to our local secret flat water spot… Swiming across the river armed with an 8m, 6m and 4m Rise Venturi…

When we arrive after our 90 second swim in 40 degree water (don’t worry…we were all sporting OR drysuits… except for one guy who was in a wetsuit and had to go back because he was too cold)... the wind is GUSTING to 55mph…. lulls are at 32….

The only kite that got launched that day was the 4m…

Now I understand that most people will think the 4m is a joke…. but I weigh in at 225lbs.. and have never had a better 30kt+ session than on this kite..

No bad habbits.. no jellyfishing.. surging… shuttering… or anything.. just sits up there behaving itself…  Winds dropped to mid 20’s and the kite still has enough power to keep me and 2 other guys (swapping) going on the mako pro… 

kite was predictable… powerful… and I was jumping about 15ft high on the kite…  When the wind dropped, I think the 6m would have been better… but the 4m was so fun…

Bottom line…the 4m is no joke… the real deal… solid kite….. not just a trainer..  If you frequently get 30kt+ winds… give this kite a look..

Total Posts: 89

Joined 2007-01-05

PM

Nice Andy!!

Richard was saying pretty much the same thing. He had an awesome session with it on Sunday here. He posted a few picks…it was stormy!!

I’ve been playing around with our 2m Rise SLE trainer quite a bit and it is a blast. Amazing little kite…shocking amount of power as well for such a small kite. I had a bunch of seasoned kiters marvelling at it down in Florida a couple weeks ago…they had a chance to play around with it and they were giggling like school children the whole time.

Joined 2007-07-11

PM

Zack got out on it again yesterday… Seeming like this kite is going to get used more frequently than I suspected… need to get my hands on one of those 2m’s..

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

having fun when its blowing from the mid-20’s to the mid-50’s wind range…thats incredible!
Nice shot Andy!

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Stoked the kite is working so well for you Andy!

We have 5 or 6 sample 2m trainers here right now, I might be able to free one up for you if you like? The only issue is that the production 2m trainers will ship with 24m lines and the only trainer lines we have here now are 30m, which is a little long!

Z

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2005-12-27

PM

Another 4m Rise session today, wind steady at 40 to 45 knots. We’ve switched to tiny 40cm bars on the 4m and 6m making them even easier to use in high winds. So much fun being on the water and in control in these conditons!

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

Were you on that mako wide again?
40 cm bar sounds great on the 6m, this kite is very fast with the 50cm.

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2005-12-27

PM

hi Craig!,..yes I was using the Mako Wide. This board is the answer for very stong gusty wind. The bigger planing surface lets you go down a kite size and rig for the gusts, the extra board size is carrying me through the lull’s. The boards performace is almost identical to the oringal Mako 150, allowing hard rail to rail carving.

Joined 2007-07-11

PM

Are these 40cm bars widely available now?  Might need to get a couple…..

[quote author=“Richard Myerscough”]Another 4m Rise session today, wind steady at 40 to 45 knots. We’ve switched to tiny 40cm bars on the 4m and 6m making them even easier to use in high winds. So much fun being on the water and in control in these conditons!

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Andy,

We will have them in stock by about the middle of March. I do have 1 sample bar (bar only, no rigging or lines) that I can send you FOC with your next shipment, just ask Evan to remind me. You’ll need to build the bar from one of your 50cm bars but it will let you experience the 4m on a tighter bar set-up.

JZ

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc